Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 00:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 05:55 

I am an avid Counter Stike: Global Offensive player, as of today - I am now using two monitors. One of them (the primary) is 1600x900 and the secondary is 1440x900. After putting in the second monitor, Counter Strike no longer stretches as I desire. I play with a 4:3 aspect ratio in game and a resolution of 1152x864.

Previously, playing at that res, it would stretch it fully across the screen without an issues. Now, there are black bars on either side. I've tried to force the desired settings both in launch options and using up-scaling on my GPU. Unfortunately, it's all been to no avail as I still have the black bars.

I can't seem to change the aspect ratio on the monitor itself, and I can't find any settings to do so within my GPU settings.

I'm using the Catalyst Control Center and I'm using a HD 6570 as my GPU. Any assistance y'all could give in helping me figure this out would be greatly appreciated. Just to be explicitly clear, I'd like to play cs:go with a 4:3 aspect ratio without black bars on either side.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 09:48 
Insiders
Insiders

AMD GPU scaling is specific to a display--did you set it for each of the displays?

Alternately, some displays have an option for controlling the stretching mode from the on-screen display, so you could disable GPU scaling for that display and let it handle the image directly.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 17:58 

Unfortunately, the scaling doesn't seem to force it. It was force desktop applications, but not the game itself - it maintains the black bars. I can't adjust the monitor aspect ratio unless I have a 1024x768 resolution set and when I do that, the game still maintains the black bars along the sides.

To add more details. I can play the game on my 1440x900 monitor and it won't have the black bars despite the 4:3 1152x864 - however when I play on my 1600x900 monitor the bars are there no matter what I do. Currently, due to GPU limitations the larger monitor is connected via DVI and the smaller one via VGA.

I'd been using the bigger one for a couple of days previous to this, using a VGA connection - the game worked just fine with no black bars on the sides. It only started happening when I added the 2nd monitor. I tried disabling the 2nd display, I also tried switching the large monitor back to VGA and leaving the 2nd display disconnected. The black bars were still there.