Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 May 2024, 17:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 302  Next
 Post subject: another new patch...
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 22:29 

cool... another new patch... let the new search for the perfect wide screen fix begins... all over again for the 11th time... i am SO tired of this... sigh....

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 22:48 

cool... another new patch... let the new search for the perfect wide screen fix begins... all over again for the 11th time... i am SO tired of this... sigh....

Agreed, I'll be honest I got this setup because I figured "hey, developers should be able to code their games correctly for widescreen... right?" but of course that bit me in the butt.
Admittedly it looks GREAT when it's working but it's just a lot of upkeep when the developer doesn't do their job in the first place.

Funny enough I had a 42 inch HDTV as a monitor before I swapped to triple monitor... sometimes I wish I had it back.... other times I love that I switched...

Here's to hoping patch 1.5 takes less time to fix than this last one...

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 00:15 

The 1.5 patch is just a beta right now and is optional. Not forcing us to update yet, but sure to force update when the actual patch goes live. What is annoying me is that I set Skyrim to not auto update through Steam but it keeps reverting back to auto=-update. I absolutely don't want it to auto-update but if it keeps overriding my decision to set it to not auto-update seriously going to get pissed. I'm currently playing the heck out of Skyrim and I'm not going to bother with any more patches unless I encounter something that needs me to patch.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 00:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Im still about - I'm still working on gettings things in Flawless Widescreen.

eg. Borderlands ->

Skyrim is next on my list.

And with such a release will come Open-source goodness of the plugins - as they are written in LUA...

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 00:57 

First post here. I finally took the plunge and registered, mainly to express my gratitude.

THANK YOU Hayden, I for one am glad you are taking your time. I played co-op Borderlands for a long time with my friend but when I went Eyefinity it was very hard to me. I see Mass Effect on your list - could the patch be applied to Mass Effect 2, as well? Looking forward to your release.

Also, thanks to helifax for a GREAT plugin and dopefish for the program that has really helped me to enjoy Skyrim. With all the great mods out, I am having a lot of fun with the game. Anyone tried out the new 1.5 patch with the ranged killcams? All I can say is - it's about time!

Finally, some recommendations. I recently switched to an AMD 6990 + 6970 combo. This has TREMENDOUSLY improved my performance with Skyrim. I am running all settings on Ultra (AA off) with the FXAA graphics mods and usually get around 50fps outdoors and way over that indoors. I switched from a 5870 X 2 setup, which did not perform well. So, anyone looking for an upgrade to their AMD 5000 series system, consider the AMD 6990. You can find cards on eBay in great condition. Also consider the Mad Catz amBX Cyborg gaming lights. In a dark gaming environment, these can greatly boost the atmosphere and mood of the games you're playing.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 02:14 

And with such a release will come Open-source goodness of the plugins - as they are written in LUA...

Thank you for the update HaYDeN! That is great news.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 10:07 

Project Flawless Widescreen is looking very good. I wonder since the Skyrim Creation Kit came out, would it then get easier to to fix when Skyrim updates are available.

In the mean time you are our angel HaYDeN.:)

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 12:40 
Editors
Editors

eg. Borderlands ->...

Excellent news m8, thanks a lot. 8)

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 15:53 

eg. Borderlands ->http://iforce.co.nz/ i/5snmhgln.xig.jpg

Awesome! I need to finish the story-line in Borderlands co-op, and the current F9-F10 toggle eyefinity 'fix' ain't working so well...

Can't wait to see it when it comes out!

Thanks HaYDeN!

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2012, 20:21 

A few screen shots and still on sir HaYDeN fix. Still testing and learning to take good ingame screen shots.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 302  Next