Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 May 2024, 16:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 302  Next
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 01:26 

Managed to solve the problem i had with my character appearing on the right monitor instead of the centre.
I deleted my SkyrimPrefs.ini and ran the launcher, it created a new one and then i just entered my 5760x1080 res in the ini file.
I then ran the launcher again and now i just have the same UI problem as everyone else :)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 01:30 

I'm at work now - so can't look at it till I get home again - but yes, please exhaust the INI options, because I haven't looked at them yet -- Usually problems like this are not fixable with INI so I don't bother, normally certain scenes/screens are fixable, but we can hope.

Looking at the code - it scales very much like Unreal Engine 3, scaling vertically (resulting in cut off portions)

Before I left however, I had managed to get the entire UI constrained to a single moitor, un-centered.

nice, go the kiwi's :)

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 01:30 

Managed to solve the problem i had with my character appearing on the right monitor instead of the centre.
I deleted my SkyrimPrefs.ini and ran the launcher, it created a new one and then i just entered my 5760x1080 res in the ini file.
I then ran the launcher again and now i just have the same UI problem as everyone else :)

Maybe you could help clear up some confusion for me. What is the UI problem you're referring to?
From what I gather, the game runs fine until you go into a menu, where everything looks zoomed in and is unusable, including character creation (I posted a screenshot bottom of page 3)
I simply launched, clicked 'high' on settings in the launcher, and started the game.

Post subject: daveatx wrote:Yeah
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 02:05 

Yeah definitely! Im playing with 6970 crossfire, im getting the 20-35 fps @ 5040x1050 high settings.

haha ( I remind myself of all those trolls)
Still, I think I found a slight fix. I got a 10+ fps average boost by using RadeonPro FORCE Anti-Aliasing Profile "Bioshock" with MVPUMode "Alternate Frame Rendering"
AMD users, Don't forget to Force Process High Priority
edit: RadeonPro Bioshock/Alternate Frame Rendering DEFINITELY gives a 10-15+fps boost. Im going to try other profiles to see if I can get a even better boost.
edit2: Seems like any of the RadeonPro Force Anti-Aliasing Profiles work better then the stock one, but Bioshock is still 3-5fps higher then the other profiles I've tried.

Doing this gave me a massive boost. I went from 20 fps to bouncing around from 60-140fps, which is a crazy swing, but way better than before.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 02:18 

has anyone toyed with the nvidia settings to get a fps boost of this kind? I would have a crack but Im at work

Post subject: dibadiba wrote:Smint
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 02:19 

[quote]Managed to solve the problem i had with my character appearing on the right monitor instead of the centre.

Maybe you could help clear up some confusion for me. What is the UI problem you're referring to?
From what I gather, the game runs fine until you go into a menu, where everything looks zoomed in and is unusable, including character creation (I posted a screenshot bottom of page 3)
I simply launched, clicked 'high' on settings in the launcher, and started the game.

Sorry thats what i meant, i now just have the zoomed in menu, i did have an additional problem with my character appearing on the right monitor which is resolved now.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 02:34 

Just forcing VSync off made the mouse and gameplay feel 100x better for me. The mouse was the biggest improvement.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 02:57 

Just saw this posted on the Bethesda forums (note response from Bethesda Moderator at bottom)

Group:Members

Posted Today, 07:56 PM

I wrote a post about this before because i was worried about how the game would look and it looks very nice!

Apart from some SUPER bland textures even tho i'm on Ultra setting everything to max even all the sliders, but what the main problem is, is that as the game accepts my native resolution the game menus are zoomed in. To an extend that i cant read half the text of something, i cant see an item (might just see the bottom of the handle) don't know what button to press ( i would assume that it would be RMB or Enter, but i was wrong it was "R") but i couldn't of know that because it had been cut off.

Main menu: http://cloud.steampo...9BBABCE5C5E6FE/

In-Game: http://cloud.steampo...DA396EB8B9F9A4/

In-Game convo: http://cloud.steampo...0C61BCE96EAD56/

In-Game Menu (Weapons): http://cloud.steampo...D9C252BB9C1D24/

But what is extremely puzzling is that why when i press ESC the menu is perfectly in ratio to the screen proportions!?

Settings Screen: http://cloud.steampo...6FD0C4BB95600C/

PLEASE fix this as the only way to see the bottom half of the screen sometime is to come out the game go back to the Launcher go back to 1920 x 1080 an start it all over again.

Waste of time. If you can do it to the setting page why not every other overlay on the game?!

***EDIT**

This is also having random affects on the mouse making it super sensitive on the X axis, whizzing all over the place but when its on 1920 x 1080 its totally fine :confused:

This post has been edited by Zijn: Today, 07:58 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 CCNA

Cat Herder

Group:Moderators

Posted Today, 07:59 PM

You may have to play on one screen until someone makes a UI mod that supports this. The UI is really an XML framework that text is brought into by the game. With other than expected resolutions the text can be put in the wrong place so it is not accessible.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 03:30 

Game is unplayable, not being able to see how much better or worse the Loot is the basic premise of the game :(, hopefully someone will come out with a fix, meanwhile it will have to be played with one screen...

Post subject: CY:G wrote:Game is
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2011, 03:49 

Game is unplayable, not being able to see how much better or worse the Loot is the basic premise of the game :(, hopefully someone will come out with a fix, meanwhile it will have to be played with one screen...

I can understand this happening. I mean realistically, widescreen gamers are in a minority. I also expect there to be a fix to address the problem. However, a Bethesda moderator more or less saying " someone else can fix it rather than us " is where I draw a line. It's total bullshit for a company of this size to turn its back on an issue like this, when indie studios have released tons of games that work in eyefinity out of the box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 302  Next