Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 25 Jun 2024, 06:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2016, 08:47 
Hi, I'm desperately looking for help fixing this issue, I've gotta say, a few games gave me a hard time to run in the native resolution of my monitor, 2560x1440, but I have succeeded with over a 100 titles, I've always found a solution (mostly because someone else did the leg work, I have no programming skills) except for, well, this one! and it's a pretty good game that I love which makes it even more frustrating.

I've managed to run the game natively twice in fact, but the solutions are very unstable / unreliable and I'm looking for a permanent fix. First I've tried changing values with Cheat Engine, and then managed to also run it using GeDoSaTo.

the ingame settings are maxed at 1080p, although it also detects 4K (because of DSR I assume) I am unable to run it (game crashes and / or extremely low FPS) I'm using a GTX960

with cheat engine I had to retry the process every time I launched the game and it worked only once.

with GeDoSaTo, the solution that gives me more hope, I was able to downsample the 4K resolution to native 1440p and the results were great. For some reason, I have no clue why but I cannot reproduce the success I've had here (every other time I tried, I got like 8 FPS, unplayable)

Now, I'm not an expert with GeDoSaTo and I'm thinking maybe I'm not using the right settings, anyone knows if there is a way to upscale resolution or simply force it to run in 1440p? (not using downsampling)

well this game has become my QHD holy grail, I've spent hours looking for a fix and I won't give up, help would be highly appreciated, either with Gedosato or any other way to force native resolution for this title.
thank you.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2016, 03:35 
no one? nothing? :(