Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 23:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: COD Advanced Warfare
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 13:16 

troyBORG wrote:
Is flawlesswidescreen.org down for anyone else?

The widescreen fixer app hasn't been able to update in a couple days either - just fails

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2014, 18:34 

troyBORG wrote:
Is flawlesswidescreen.org down for anyone else?

Yep, down for me aswell! Also it wont update, seems like the server is down or something.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 11:29 

Still won't update - have the devs abandoned FW ?

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 12:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Detection wrote:

I'm not sure what's going on mate, but I'm unable to get on to Hayden to find out - so we are in the dark at the moment. Just a heads up for everyone though - the time and effort it takes to fix games and then implement it in a program that works and is user friendly like Flawless is a huge amount. For instance, Hayden spent hours on Evil Within and the game is barely playable on multi-monitor, that is also some of the downsides of our hobby and having the guys fix the game.

Also it should be stated that the hours spent on fixing these games by Hayden and Helifax (and dopefish when he was around), is all in spare time, outside of their jobs and real life. Often I talk to Hayden and after fixing games he doesn't even play them because he gets fatigued at the site of them. So although donations aren't mandatory, I know for a fact that there are a lot of people that use the program and don't give back. It's just a little something to think about.

Most regulars to this site know what I'm talking about, and you really just have to look through some of the code of Hayden's program to realise the amount of work that goes into these fixes, and then potential re-fix if they are broken with patches. We need to be more proactive in reaching out to devs about surrround/eyefinity support while the game is being developed or around release, because as you can see - if these guys aren't fixing games, who is? I tried, and I'm useless - hence why I contribute to the guys and to this community.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 13:48 

Yea Im not suggesting they don't work hard and have real lives outside of FW, not at all, Ive just not seen the app servers and site down for this long since I started using FW

What they do is very much appreciated, just hoping nothing serious has gone wrong :)

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 17:43 

Is there a way to try to use a fix from a previous CoD to see if it fixes AW?

Like how almost all unreal engine games seem to not like multi-monitor. Can there be a "This is an unreal engine game, try to fix"

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2014, 19:53 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Detection wrote:

I'm not sure what's going on mate, but I'm unable to get on to Hayden to find out - so we are in the dark at the moment. Just a heads up for everyone though - the time and effort it takes to fix games and then implement it in a program that works and is user friendly like Flawless is a huge amount. For instance, Hayden spent hours on Evil Within and the game is barely playable on multi-monitor, that is also some of the downsides of our hobby and having the guys fix the game.

Also it should be stated that the hours spent on fixing these games by Hayden and Helifax (and dopefish when he was around), is all in spare time, outside of their jobs and real life. Often I talk to Hayden and after fixing games he doesn't even play them because he gets fatigued at the site of them. So although donations aren't mandatory, I know for a fact that there are a lot of people that use the program and don't give back. It's just a little something to think about.

Most regulars to this site know what I'm talking about, and you really just have to look through some of the code of Hayden's program to realise the amount of work that goes into these fixes, and then potential re-fix if they are broken with patches. We need to be more proactive in reaching out to devs about surrround/eyefinity support while the game is being developed or around release, because as you can see - if these guys aren't fixing games, who is? I tried, and I'm useless - hence why I contribute to the guys and to this community.
Completely agree. We should emphasize again that the same developers work on giving native support. :clap:

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 12:37 

Toothless Spoon wrote:
Detection wrote:

You know what.... fair point! I must admit I only found this site and its fixes when Watch dogs came out. Previously I’ve just sworn a lot when buying games that don’t work with the eyefinity set up and not played them. I came along and downloaded the fixer/app thingy and enjoyed it without thought for those who spent time building fixing stuff. If it’s not terribly evident yet let me confirm I am complete technomong and have no idea whatsoever about PC related items and half the language people on here use. I just pay my computer geek to build me a kick ass machine every year because I don’t even understand most of the in game settings and just want to set everything to high/max and enjoy game time!

I have a pretty hectic and stressful work life and enjoy my time on my computer relaxing/killing stuff because one simply isn’t allowed to kill employees anymore.... So a MASSIVE thanks to those that make this black magic and pixie dust PC stuff work. No more will I simply download and enjoy. I’ve just donated $100 on paypal as a thank you for Watchdogs! I will donate a further $100 for every game I get to play that you fix :) So be much appreciated if you could get COD and Evil within working (technomong remember, no idea how to download previous version of evil within!) and I will donate $100 for each :) you REALLY are making a difference to my life and I REALLY hope I can make a difference to yours with these small contributions. Also I’m happy to support purchasing of any games you need to get these fixes working, just let me know.

Mark

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 16:08 
I Donated
I Donated

In the mean time, please sign-up for the petition to the devs to fix it in-game.
Found the petition linked on Steam Forums, probably posted by some of the members here since he mention Hayden. ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209660/di ... 7906117578

Petition:
https://www.change.org/p/activision-sle ... fare#share

| Logitech G810 - G502 - G240 - G27 - G940 - | TrackIR 5 Pro | Saitek RHINO X55 HOTAS | Xbox One Elite Gpad |
Asus Vulcan Pro | Asus Xonar U7 | Sony STR-DE495P External Surround Home Cinema Reciever |

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2014, 17:08 

anteronoid wrote:
In the mean time, please sign-up for the petition to the devs to fix it in-game.
Found the petition linked on Steam Forums, probably posted by some of the members here since he mention Hayden. ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/209660/di ... 7906117578

Petition:
https://www.change.org/p/activision-sle ... fare#share
Signed and Twitted. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next