Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 06:04 

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would add in my experience. GOG version, replaced the correct file in the correct Binaries/Win64 folder, but only getting a 16:9 resolution. Have tried fullscreen, windowed, and borderless; and I have also tried running each display mode in every available resolution (including 1920x1080, of course, as per the instructions). I still get the same result: 16:9 image with black bars. I got the game on day 1 and have not updated anything yet.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do in the WSGF forums. Good luck on finding a fix! We're rooting for you!

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 14:49 

Ruggie74 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would add in my experience. GOG version, replaced the correct file in the correct Binaries/Win64 folder, but only getting a 16:9 resolution. Have tried fullscreen, windowed, and borderless; and I have also tried running each display mode in every available resolution (including 1920x1080, of course, as per the instructions). I still get the same result: 16:9 image with black bars. I got the game on day 1 and have not updated anything yet.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys do in the WSGF forums. Good luck on finding a fix! We're rooting for you!

The latest modified exe is for the latest game version.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 17:50 

Is exclusive fullscreen support out of the question?

Borderless is less than idea if you want to avoid the DWM forced laggy vsync, or use nvidia gsync on adaptive / freesync displays since it doesn't function properly in windowed / borderless modes.

Edit: Okay, it seems that the GameUserSettings.ini needed two different resolution variables that what I was trying to use

ResolutionSizeX=2560
ResolutionSizeY=1080
FullscreenMode=0

Changing all the other resolution ones did nothing, nor did some previous standard UE variables like ResX and ResY, but adding these to the bottom of the [/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings] section overrides everything above and works. Gsync / Fullscreen is working fine now.

The in-game options menu will say 1280x720 Fullscreen, but the resolution is actually proper and native. If you change any video settings it will default erase those additional ini settings, so you should set the file to read only after configuring it to your desired resolution. Still need to use this fixed .exe, as the standard one just pillarboxes the fullscreen image.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2019, 03:18 

All of the executables I've tried have worked with the Steam version of the game, properly displaying the game at 21:9 at 2560x1080. However, the cutscenes with dialog and the menu (inventory, options, etc.) have stretched the image of the characters visible on screen vertically (from 16:9 to 21:9). Is there any way to fix this? Am I the only one having this problem?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2019, 11:45 

Rose wrote:
Ruggie74 wrote:
Hey everyone,

The latest modified exe is for the latest game version.

Forgive my stupidity, but I don't think the GOG version can be updated? At least, I don't see any way to update the game. :/ Do you happen to still have the old .exe of the GOG version that I might be able to try? I'll look closer tomorrow to figure out how I can update this version in the mean time. Thanks again for all your hard work! :)

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2019, 02:31 

Rose any chance you can create a 4:3 version?

Ruggie74 wrote:
Forgive my stupidity, but I don't think the GOG version can be updated?

I'm using GOG Galaxy and that keeps it updated. Not sure how to update it the old fashioned way.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2019, 03:39 

I'm not very tech-savy but I figured it out! Thanks for all the help guys. Didn't even know GOG Galaxy was a thing hahaha

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2019, 08:41 

pyide wrote:
Is exclusive fullscreen support out of the question?

Borderless is less than idea if you want to avoid the DWM forced laggy vsync, or use nvidia gsync on adaptive / freesync displays since it doesn't function properly in windowed / borderless modes.

Edit: Okay, it seems that the GameUserSettings.ini needed two different resolution variables that what I was trying to use

ResolutionSizeX=2560
ResolutionSizeY=1080
FullscreenMode=0

Changing all the other resolution ones did nothing, nor did some previous standard UE variables like ResX and ResY, but adding these to the bottom of the [/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings] section overrides everything above and works. Gsync / Fullscreen is working fine now.

The in-game options menu will say 1280x720 Fullscreen, but the resolution is actually proper and native. If you change any video settings it will default erase those additional ini settings, so you should set the file to read only after configuring it to your desired resolution. Still need to use this fixed .exe, as the standard one just pillarboxes the fullscreen image.

I'm having the same issue you're having. I want to use Freesync, but I can't locate a /script folder to find the gameusersettings file. I'm fairly new to all this, so would you care to explain where I might find that file so that I can copy+paste your solution?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2019, 10:54 

Ruggie74 wrote:
I'm having the same issue you're having. I want to use Freesync, but I can't locate a /script folder to find the gameusersettings file. I'm fairly new to all this, so would you care to explain where I might find that file so that I can copy+paste your solution?

Thanks!

There's no "/script" folder, that's just part of the GameUserSettings.ini file that you'll be editing. To find where that file is kept just paste this into an explorer window and it should take you to the right place.

Code:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\BloodstainedRotN\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

That's where you'll find the GameUserSettings.ini file. Open that and copy and paste the text with your desired resolution at the bottom of the [/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings] section of the file. It should look something like this when you're done.

Save that file and close it, then right click on the GameUserSettings.ini file and go to Properties. At the bottom of the window that pops up there will be a section labelled Attributes and next to that will be a checkbox marked "Read-only". Check this box and click Apply, then OK.

Now, provided you've copied and replaced the game's executable with the modded one, your game should be good to go! You can grab the modded exe from here.

Hope it works for you!

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2019, 15:25 

I've come across a few reports on my latest patchers linked from the community PCGW site not working with the Steam version as of update 1.09.

That is because the game exe is encrypted in the Steam version.
Download Steamless, then decrypt it by selecting Plugin version 3.1.x from the app menu.
https://github.com/atom0s/Steamless/releases/tag/v3.0.0.9

Then use one of my patchers to make it support the desired resolution.