Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2008, 03:23 
Founder
Founder

We are looking to expand our media offerings, in both screens and videos. If you are interested in being part of the WSGF Gallery or helping us to showcase widescreen gaming through videos, please send me a PM or email.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 19:28 

Speaking of, is there any solution to recording in triple widescreen resolutions? Both Fraps and Xfire can take screenshots but are limited when recording video because they do not support resolutions above a certain range.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 22:18 

I got no problem with Fraps and 5256x1050. Fraps v3.2.2

ps: Think posting here is not a good idea

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2011, 18:11 

Ibrin, I would like to post my Eyefinity video & screens of The Darkmod.

b.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2011, 11:46 

I'd be more than happy to contribute! As far as video is concerned, I typically record in Afterburner's "lossless" codec with the resulting file sloppily engorged with gigabytes. What format are you requesting for video? What fps / ratio to actual pixels?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2011, 02:50 
Founder
Founder

Sorry for not replying sooner. Been hella busy with a behind-the-scenes site overhaul.

I generally upload to YouTube in H.264 at 1080p. If you're doing a multi-mon video, I'd like to start doing some 4k videos like Skid. I can give you an FTP to upload to.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 17:44 

I am obviously new here but been around for a bit - love FPS games and my triple monitors to game on, though some games scale well and others do not. I would be happy to contribute some videos or screenshots - just need some direction as to what you are looking for and in what format, codec, file size, etc.

Here are the games I currently have:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
COD: Black Ops
COD: Modern Warfare
COD: Modern Warfare 2
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis 2
Far Cry 2
FEAR
FEAR XP
FEAR 2
Halo
Halo 2
RAGE

On Pre-Order:
BF3
CODMW3

Playing on a rig that loves to tear up FPS games with full eye candy!

PM me and let me know if I may be of assistance.

EVGA CLASSIFIED 3 (E770) | Core i7 990X Extreme | Koolance ERM-2K3UCU | Corsair Dominator GT 3x4GB DDR3 2000MHz 9-10-9-27 | EVGA GTX 580 3GB x3 3-Way SLI | Silverstone SST-ST1500 1500w PSU | OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 60GB RAID 0 Programs | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB SSD RA

Post subject: The1stCAV wrote:I am
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2011, 18:03 
Editors
Editors

I am obviously new here but been around for a bit - love FPS games and my triple monitors to game on, though some games scale well and others do not. I would be happy to contribute some videos or screenshots - just need some direction as to what you are looking for and in what format, codec, file size, etc.

Hi The1stCAV, welcome to WSGF. Any contribution is welcome at WSGF :twothumb , you can check the screenshot galleries we already have here - http://widescreengamingforum.com/galleries , you can check a mini-tutorial here - http://widescreengamingforum.com/article/how-create-gallery , videos can be uploaded to youtube and then posted in this sub-forum - http://widescreengamingforum.com/forums/gaming/youtube-links , cheers .

Post subject: Is there anyway to make
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 11:44 

Is there anyway to make Afterburners MJPG format work in Adobe Premiere? It plays in VLC but in Premiere all that shows up when I import the file is audio. The uncompressed format works but the file sizes are ridiculous.

Fraps just crashes any game I try recording with on a triple screen resolutions. Dxtory doesn't work correctly at high resolutions for me either. There was one other one I tried but I can't remember the name which didn't work either.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong =( I've reformatted countless times trying to figure this all out but nothing seems to work correctly on my system, it's incredibly frustrating.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this, if it isn't could someone point me in the right direction on a thread where people might be discussing this and the software and methods they use? Thanks.

Post subject: USteppin wrote:Is there
PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 01:33 

Is there anyway to make Afterburners MJPG format work in Adobe Premiere? It plays in VLC but in Premiere all that shows up when I import the file is audio. The uncompressed format works but the file sizes are ridiculous.

Fraps just crashes any game I try recording with on a triple screen resolutions. Dxtory doesn't work correctly at high resolutions for me either. There was one other one I tried but I can't remember the name which didn't work either.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong =( I've reformatted countless times trying to figure this all out but nothing seems to work correctly on my system, it's incredibly frustrating.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this, if it isn't could someone point me in the right direction on a thread where people might be discussing this and the software and methods they use? Thanks.

I was experiencing Fraps crashing games after upgrading to a triple monitor setup as well. After reinstalling Fraps with the latest version it fixed it. Not sure why it fixed it, but it might be worth trying again. Make sure your graphics drivers are updated too, and run the DirectX re-distributable installer just in case there's some missing DirectX files.

MJPG's, not sure, maybe re-encode them first with a different codec that's smaller and compatible with Premiere?