Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 13:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 02:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Here is a video I took today of Dirt 2 with Bezel Compensation.

I finally have a camcorder :D but my little cell phone sized Vado HD is a far cry away from a real camcorder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWkmyD1bfQ

i enjoyed that.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 20:38 
Founder
Founder

I posed the question about the triangles and asking why ATI decided to use them. I received this reply from one of my contacts on the driver team.

We looked at existing solutions and did a lot of research on what would make a good pattern, including color choices, etc.

It was important that the final “pattern” work on both vertical and horizontal edges and that we could focus the users attention on the 1 specific edge we were trying to calibrate (which is why we don’t use a photograph).

The choice of yellow on black is because of the very high degree of contrast this creates (more than white on black) – think police tape.

Ruling out diagonal lines (or the X shape, which is the obvious choice) came as a result of the Poggendorff illusion (Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poggendorff_illusion, This site has a really nice Java applet that describes it http://www.cut-the-knot.org/Curriculum/Geometry/Poggendorff.shtml) .

The triangle gives the compromise of having a diagonal line without inducing the appearance of miss-alignment (the very thing we are trying to correct).

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 20:07 

Thanks for the demo Ibrin. Very informative.

Tom :hide

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 03:44 

My Bezel Management Option doesn't show up either. Wonder what causes this.

Got two HP LP2275W and one Belinea 102035W.

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2010, 15:05 

Its beauce we have diffrent brand monitors.

The Brand names decided to include the bezel in the EDID size so that they are all diffrent, Bezel managment wont work with diffrent sized monitors

IM SO PISSED OFF AT IT

Even though all are 1920x1200 24" monitors lol

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2010, 10:33 

Sorry forgot my old username, been a while since i was posting on these boards. so anyway......

I have 3 x Dell 2209WA monitors, all identical, i have 2 connected via DVI and 1 connected via a DP-VGA adaptor.

I had to spoof the EDID on the VGA connected monitor to get the resolutions to work, and as such my Bezel Management will not work.

looks like its now the time to either get a P2210 or a active DP-DVI adaptor

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2010, 13:21 

problem s.. if you get a diffrent DP monitor it wont work :P

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2010, 14:04 

Sorry forgot my old username, been a while since i was posting on these boards. so anyway......

I have 3 x Dell 2209WA monitors, all identical, i have 2 connected via DVI and 1 connected via a DP-VGA adaptor.

I had to spoof the EDID on the VGA connected monitor to get the resolutions to work, and as such my Bezel Management will not work.

looks like its now the time to either get a P2210 or a active DP-DVI adaptor

I know it's not exactly the same, but I am usinga pair of 2208wfp , with a p2210. Bezel management works fine, the pixel pitch is identical for those (and also for your 2209WA). I didn't have to edit EDIDs at all.

of course, the p2210 is TN, which might bother you. But it should work.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 14:34 
Insiders
Insiders

Does everyone else have to wait as long as I do when enabling Eyefinity profiles? I tiemd one and after The click it took about 20 seconds to finish.

Click, monitors off, on, off, on, blank, off, on, blank, filled, drawn.

Or some sequence like that. This is from a primary, and two extended display setup. Going back is much faster, but often the monitor arrangement goes out of whack. I end u[ having to load that profile once more. Luckily, reloading the current profile is pretty fast and I never have to load it a third time.

but then, these ARE beta drivers, and the first version that lets me load profiles at all and is the first to have BM. (hee hee)

Interesting response the the yellow triangle method.. though I think there's a better solution out there. But damn, they had better keep the BM functional in the future. I'm so used to it, I'd go nuts playing without.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 01:39 

ok sorry guys but i just realized everyone is using the bezel comp now, i went thru the pages on this topic.. so is the guru3d link for 10.3 preview drivers the correct link?

lol can someone please post me the link for the preview drivers - sorry to be noob at times :cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next