Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 01:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Preview 10.3a is up
PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 21:22 

[quote][quote]It's a very generic error. You should remove all hardware (soundcard,usb drive/sticks, etc) and use one memory module (i see you have 2 x 2gb) at a time. Then boot up the system and do some testing. Stuff like this is hard to narrow down though.

I am using onboard sound, I don't have any USB drives just KB/M. I ran memtest with no errors. What else do you suggest.

I would still remove a 2gb module and test the system. Try a different pci-e slot for the card. Did you disable the onboard sound to? Try to use the windows nforce drivers instead of nvidia's. And if possible post the error log. Or send in pm.

I am not going to use Windows nforce drivers because I was using them a while ago but it was causing problems with my NIC. Every time I would restart I would have to uninstall my NIC driver and reinstall. After installing the latest from EVGA it fixed that problem. No I did not disable onboard sound why would I do that, I just uninstalled the Realtek drivers but I still have sound I just don't have the Realtek HD Audio Manager anymore no big deal. If my ram was bad I am sure it would fail memtest. I guess I could try a new PCI slot but I don't see how that could be the problem since the card is running and my old GTX 260 worked perfect in this slot. The card also idles @ 2D properly and then goes to proper speeds while launching a game. I have not been able to find any error logs either after crash. I have looked in Action Center/Maintenance/Reliability History with nothing I have also looked in Event Viewer. Is there anywhere else that a log would be posted.

Just to note I have been seeing a few people on EVGA forum saying they are now having issues with this driver as well and are going back to the previous 10.3 preview.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 23:27 

If you are not willing to try suggestions, why again are you asking for help?

When you say things like 'i'm not going to try...' and 'why would I do that?', it is very obvious you have little experience troubleshooting PC's

I suggest you listen more and read less. You gotta 'get it' before you'll 'get it'

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 01:01 

If you are not willing to try suggestions, why again are you asking for help?

When you say things like 'i'm not going to try...' and 'why would I do that?', it is very obvious you have little experience troubleshooting PC's

I suggest you listen more and read less. You gotta 'get it' before you'll 'get it'

What are you talking about. Why are you even posting then if you have no suggestions. I had already done basically everything that he had mentioned. And some of the suggestions he mentioned did not add up so maybe he has little exp.

And if you know what you are talking about since you seem to think I have no exp haha. What would you suggest.

Maybe ATI needs more exp and actually try to figure out the real problem instead of saying well... it is a generic error. I am sure they could pin point it a little better then that. But hey at least they are honest and then Dave posts a link to nvidia display driver stopped responding error, and it mentioned one thing about atikmdag.sys but nothing about atikmpag.sys. Just thought it was kind of funny I had to go look at a link about Nvidia problem that is not really like the problem I was having but hey at least there was a link trying to help nvidia people out.

So you think I should uninstall the nforce driver so I can have problems with my NIC from the Default Windows 7 driver yea that would be a wise idea. Obviously the Win7 driver had issues which I already told him so why would I use it. Ok yea I am going to disable my audio so I can game with no audio at all, why on earth would it be my onboard audio. The link that Dave posted mentioned about Nvidia problem mentioned Realtek Drivers didn't say anything about disabling audio all together. And yea your right I have no exp I have been doing this for years funny how this is my first ATI card and I have had more problems with it then anything in my life. I have never ever ever had issues like this with Nvidia cards I am just saying.

Just because I don't want to try something that makes no sense at all. This is not the only forum I am posting my issues on. And to be honest I have gotten more straight forward answers from other forums. Seems most of the people here get all bent when they hear about a problem with a ATI card, then get all mad because someone won't try a suggestion. It was a suggestion and that is it. If I told you a suggestion to jump off a bridge are you going to do it.

I have already told everyone that I ran memtest with no errors, my temps are fine, the card is stock clocks, all this was not adding up.

So the things I did were uninstalled the Realtek Audi Driver, and I set the fan speed to 80% on Eyefinity profile and it is not having the same issue with the tearing while moving windows on dekstop so I am assuming they finally fixed that issue.

I just got done playing for a couple hours and seem to be getting higher frames and also it did not crash, now maybe this was from uninstalling the Realtek driver, maybe 62C when it crashed before and was getting the BSOD was too hot for this card who knows, but since I raised the fan speed to 80% my temp on card was in the 50's.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 01:37 

Ohh yea and check this out

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=317767

Funny isn't it how I mentioned ULPS a while ago in this http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18005&p=180254&hilit=ULPS#p180254 thread. And then everyone started attacking me saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

And then Dave asked the thread to get locked. And said it didn't have anything to do with anything.

So now Dave this seems like it is indeed a real problem from the quote in the link from Everest forum.

So could this be causing my problem even though I am not using a crossfire config but I am still using Everest from what I understand is a sysinfo tool. It just seems like ATI is hiding or denying the fact of this issue.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 03:33 
Insiders
Insiders

How do I get crossfire profiles working? I've got a 5970, need to see what's up with BFBC2 since I really want that profile that almost doubles your FPS :D

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 04:22 

How do I get crossfire profiles working? I've got a 5970, need to see what's up with BFBC2 since I really want that profile that almost doubles your FPS :D

Huh don't think it will have any effect on a single 5970 haha. I did see something about a new profile for CCC though and yea rumored 75% boost that is crazy.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 04:36 

[quote]How do I get crossfire profiles working? I've got a 5970, need to see what's up with BFBC2 since I really want that profile that almost doubles your FPS :D

Huh don't think it will have any effect on a single 5970 haha. I did see something about a new profile for CCC though and yea rumored 75% boost that is crazy.

yes, hard to imagine that a Crossfire profile would help a single 5970.....that has TWO GPU's. :doh

See my previous post in this thread please. Still not getting it

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 05:08 

[quote][quote]How do I get crossfire profiles working? I've got a 5970, need to see what's up with BFBC2 since I really want that profile that almost doubles your FPS :D

yes, hard to imagine that a Crossfire profile would help a single 5970.....that has TWO GPU's. :doh

See my previous post in this thread please. Still not getting it

HAHA yea has 2 GPU's I think everyone knows that but it is on one PCI slot. I am not going to argue with you but I do not consider that crossfire.

The same with a 295 that is not SLI, yea two 5970's would be considered Crossfire X, or 2 295's would be considered quad SLI. But I have never read anything about considering one dual gpu card as a crossfire or sli configuration, and I have never heard anyone mention it.

Crossfire is usually when you use a bridge to connect two cards and they then use there own PCI slot. Why do you think people always try to make a big deal about how fast a 2nd or 3rd PCI slot runs at being X8 or X16.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 05:37 

HAHA yea has 2 GPU's I think everyone knows that but it is on one PCI slot. I am not going to argue with you but I do not consider that crossfire.

The same with a 295 that is not SLI, yea two 5970's would be considered Crossfire X, or 2 295's would be considered quad SLI. But I have never read anything about considering one dual gpu card as a crossfire or sli configuration, and I have never heard anyone mention it.

Crossfire is usually when you use a bridge to connect two cards and they then use there own PCI slot. Why do you think people always try to make a big deal about how fast a 2nd or 3rd PCI slot runs at being X8 or X16.

that's good, physical characteristics are a good base to start on. Now, logically, how do you think they get those two GPU's to work together?

what type of driver technology do you think they would utilize to do that?

hmmmmm, such a head scratcher.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 06:27 

[quote]

that's good, physical characteristics are a good base to start on. Now, logically, how do you think they get those two GPU's to work together?

what type of driver technology do you think they would utilize to do that?

hmmmmm, such a head scratcher.

Oh my god I don't know how do you think they get multi CPU's to work together haha, prolly mostly comes down to the PCB and how they are connected. And it is not a driver there is a on board PCI-E bridge, interfaces between the two GPU's. I guess you could say it is onboard crossfire I guess but it is still on the same PCB running through the same PCI slot. Anyways that has nothing to do with it.

I am assuming that crossfire profiles are more meant for multi card setups being crossfire not Dual GPU card. I have never had a Dual GPU card and I never will it makes more sense to have a dual card solution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next