Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Oct 2024, 06:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 23:39 

hmm - hydravision installed but isn't running, apparently can't find an ATI display driver loaded :nudgenudge (using 10.2 cats)

anyway pic as promised!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 13:32 

I'm looking at the similar sort of choice in the near future except, since I already have a 2407 (which I want to use as an additional monitor rather than as part of the eyefinity group) and love the quality of the display, I don't want to step down to TN panels.

Hence I'm looking at the prospect of 3 x U2410s - just a shame it's so much more than the 23" TN panel... Could get a full six of those for less than the cost of three U2410s :(

Unless someone can persuade me that the 23" TN panel is really very good (i.e. good viewing angles in both landscape and portrait, good colour etc. - is it a true 8 bpp panel or 6 bpp with dithering?)

Trouble with that Acer 3D screen is that, like many other manufacturers, they decided to go for a non uniform bezel which means that it causes problems for portrait use in that multiple screens can't be butted together neatly. Give us plain, square, thin bezels!!!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 14:42 

If it helps Magic Man I took a massive step down from my previous NEC panel to these TN's, and once you've settled down the brightness/contrast, they aren't really that bad (in comparison).

I'll take some pictures tonight of angles etc so you can see how mine are (P2310H and ST2310's)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 20:58 

Okay, cheers!

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 22:07 

i got 2 of my 2210H refurbs today. They look fine to me. I am comparing them both a Dell 30" and Dell 24 higher-end panels.

Yeah, they are not as good, but if you are just going to game or watch movies on them, they seem fine to me. I did a little test with 2 monitors in eyefinity even though you can't really play that way. It was easy to setup and neat. I also watched a 1080P movie on one and it looked fine.

3rd comes at end of week. I'll give a real eyefinity review then.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2010, 16:14 

Destroyer,

For MW2 you need dopefish's widescreen fixer program for it to work. Make sure you have Microsoft .net framework 3.5 installed. The link is here http://wsf.imk.cx/

You need to create your eyefinity group in the ATI Catalyst Control Center for the correct desktop resolution of 5760 X 1080. There are videos on youtube on how to do this. If you need help let me know I can get you the right video.