Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 16:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 15:06 

CCC (Version 2011.1025.2152.37348) doesn't let me activate my third monitor.
It is detected an the tooltip says "To enable this display right click and select desired desktop mode", but right-clicking doesn't do anything.
When I deactivate one of two running monitors, the third one can be activated, so that I can choose any combination of two of the three monitors.

Additional Problem is, that when I choose a resolution of 1920x1080 I have black borders around my desktop (not whole screen is used)
1680x1050 is no problem.

Setup is:
Windows XP 32Bit SP3
HD5770 Flex
3x AOC2434PW (connected via DVI/DVI/HDMI) - actual driver installed
(It is NOT an active adapter problem; the Flex card can handle three connections without needing an active adapter)

The combination of the GPU and the monitors worked well under Win7, so that I assume that it is an OS Problem.
AMD driver checker confirms actual version of CCC.

Any Ideas?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 16:12 

I have no words... Is there any good reason to use Windows XP on nowdays, OS from 2001? I'm always do self-trolling when I see "XP" letters. It's almost 2012 and soon will be a Windows 8 and you still can't decide which OS to use? And you answered your questions yourself - Works under Windows 7 and don't under XP, it's obvious to decide what to do, no?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 18:08 

I have no words... Is there any good reason to use Windows XP on nowdays, OS from 2001? I'm always do self-trolling when I see "XP" letters. It's almost 2012 and soon will be a Windows 8 and you still can't decide which OS to use? And you answered your questions yourself - Works under Windows 7 and don't under XP, it's obvious to decide what to do, no?

You have no words? I see many words..... :onethumb

It's just an old secondary system with a preinstalled XP. The things it should do, it does properly except for controlling three monitors.
In the meantime I found out that XP really only can control two monitors per graphics card.; naughty little OS! J)
So, either I stick with two monitors for this system or I upgrade.

Or any other ideas?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2011, 23:13 

Eyefinity does not support xp

perhaps extended desktop will work

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 07:28 

Eyefinity does not support xp
perhaps extended desktop will work

Unfortunately it doesn't. Maybe Eyefinity supports Win 98/95/3.11? 8)