Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 12:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2010, 01:27 

Hey, after hearing the news of these adapters coming to market earlier last month I've been waiting impatiently for them, I've finally stumbled on a few sites in the UK who either have pre order pages up or claim to have stock.

The adapter I've found is the one by sapphire:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=0001&pid=357

You can track it down with google by either searching for it's model number "44000-02-40R" or the heading most sites are listing it under: "Active DP To SL-DVI-D".
The cheapest I've found it for was a tad under £17 (with free shipping) here: http://store.cbccomputers.com/products.asp?partno=44000-02-40R

I've noticed Aria, Pixmania and Lambdatek are stocking it soon as well as a lot of other less well known (to me at least) sites.
There's a site here listing some of them: http://www.h-online.com/priceinsight/eu/a567957.html

Anyway, I'm not sure how useful people will find this thread.
I saw a one or two people asking after availability of these cables in the UK and thought I'd share my findings.
I've lurked these forums for a while and thought I'd finally sign up and try to contribute - I hope I haven't broken any forum rules by posting links to merchants or anything.
I promise I'll get round to reading the rules tomorrow when I've caught up on sleep. :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 19:09 

I already posted about this, last night, nice to see someone else found somewhere elase to buy, options are always good.

These are a little more expensive but are in stock at time of writing.

Now availible in the UK from overclockers.co.uk

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-250-SP

I have one on order and should be delivered on Friday morning, I will post back here and leep people updated.

Honiara

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2010, 21:07 

This adaptor works perfectly - just as advertised. Plugged in set up Eyefinity and i now even get bezel management (that i have not had for 12 months))

ATI if you read this...

This should have been availible from September 09 when the cards came out, they really need to be boxed in your top end cards to eliviate any issues the users are having.

I would strongly suggest anyone having issues with the DP connected screen (if your res is low enough) to get one of these, they are simple brilliant.

Honiara

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2010, 17:36 

Thats good to know, I should be getting one on Monday from OCUK.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 22:26 

Just got mine through from OCUK and I can confirm that mine does indeed work flawlessly. Very happy.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 12:00 

Just got mine through from OCUK and I can confirm that mine does indeed work flawlessly. Very happy.

Well I got mine and no luck, almost the same issue I have with a
Dp-vga

maximum resolution I can select is 1900x600 only difference is the sapphire tells me I have an issue between my computer and the displayport adapter.. Very fed up with all of hid now, paid a lot of money and still can't use it, tried different driver and cables and it's allways the same junk :|

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 22:15 

Shoc, you're one of the first I've seen with this new adapter that is not getting it to work. Have you done a complete uninstall on all your ATI drivers, and downloaded and installed all the latest 10.9's since removing the DP to VGA adapter? You have the same adapter shown in the original post, with no USB cables, correct? What video card are you using specifically?

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2010, 09:13 

Shoc, you're one of the first I've seen with this new adapter that is not getting it to work. Have you done a complete uninstall on all your ATI drivers, and downloaded and installed all the latest 10.9's since removing the DP to VGA adapter? You have the same adapter shown in the original post, with no USB cables, correct? What video card are you using specifically?

I have tried 10.4/10.5/10.9 and also removed them using DriverSweeper. along with the displayport being used on it's own, obviously you can imagine 3x screens at 1900x600 is not nice :shock:

the adapter is exactly that shown, the source I purchased it from told me they had many recalls on the items, but I'm seriously thinking its my GPU and I had a DP-VGA with the same issue, only difference is Sapphire notices a problem and restricts me so I dont get a flicker

checking iin CCC it notices its connected via a DP and reports max resolution supported via monitor is 1920x1080 but restricts me due to a "fault"
Only thing I could ever point a finger at is, Windows would report my monitor as

1 3 2
[ ] [ ] [ ]

CCC would claim its something like (IDENTIFY MONITORS)

2 1 3
[ ] [ ] [ ]

the only thing I notice wrong otherwise im totally lost either 2 faulty adapter (yes they are slightly different) or my gpu is at fault, over a month on this problem starting to regret not using Nvidia

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2010, 12:32 

Hi,

I've got a HD 5770 (which has 2xDVI, 1xDP and 1xHDMI) and three screens at 1440x900 (DVI or VGA). I've heard various things about me having to have an active DP>DVI or a passive DP>VGA adaptor in order to get the three connected to my card, but wondered whether this adaptor would work just as well? It says it's active but it doesn't seem to have a USB connector to power it, or does it get enough from the DP port?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 02:00 
Founder
Founder

Hi,

I've got a HD 5770 (which has 2xDVI, 1xDP and 1xHDMI) and three screens at 1440x900 (DVI or VGA). I've heard various things about me having to have an active DP>DVI or a passive DP>VGA adaptor in order to get the three connected to my card, but wondered whether this adaptor would work just as well? It says it's active but it doesn't seem to have a USB connector to power it, or does it get enough from the DP port?

Single Link active adapters get enough power from the DP. Dual Link need the additional power from USB.