Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 15:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2011, 21:07 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Your 4870x2 didnt support eyefinity, so you wouldnt have seen it

Well I'm not seeing it now on my 6970s in Portrait Mode eyefinity either...
This is good news. Hopefully its been fixed with the newer cards. If this is the case, I'll prolly upgrade.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 15:04 

I hate it so much, that's why I sold my second 5850. I was so excited because of eyefinity experience and decided to get second 5850 and... you know the result. After a few months of searching and multiple tries to contact fckng AMD support I finally give up and sold my second 5850. So in total I lost some money, time and nervous. I heard that Nvidia doesn't have microstutter for SLI cards with their Surround. If that true I'll order pair of GTX560 or something like that this spring and will say goodbye to AMD. F*ckers!! Hate AMD so much cuz of that shit and not working bezel management option for monitors with the same size but from the different manufacturers. I want personally ask Dirk Meyer:

1. Why your technology which you pushed to the marked so much doesn't work for 2 cards?
2. Why since 10.2 CCC Bezel management disabled for the different monitors and why it's not a problem for the Nvidia cards?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 16:53 

I hate it so much, that's why I sold my second 5850. I was so excited because of eyefinity experience and decided to get second 5850 and... you know the result. After a few months of searching and multiple tries to contact fckng AMD support I finally give up and sold my second 5850. So in total I lost some money, time and nervous. I heard that Nvidia doesn't have microstutter for SLI cards with their Surround. If that true I'll order pair of GTX560 or something like that this spring and will say goodbye to AMD. F*ckers!! Hate AMD so much cuz of that shit and not working bezel management option for monitors with the same size but from the different manufacturers. I want personally ask Dirk Meyer:

1. Why your technology which you pushed to the marked so much doesn't work for 2 cards?
2. Why since 10.2 CCC Bezel management disabled for the different monitors and why it's not a problem for the Nvidia cards?

I know, I know my friend, I have been through the same!

Huge stuttering when you enable cf with ef... Although you get a hefty fps boost (over 70fps) you get huge amount of stuttering with it!

The vsync option even if you force it through CCC DOES NOT WORK!!!

I have just sold my 2x5870s and got 2x580s and guess what, the vsync WORKS and bye bye stuttering!

I also have asked a couple of times if the vsync works with tthe 6*** series but oddly I get no answer!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 20:03 

Well.. In that case I need to try Nvidia this spring, but before I want to know about 69XX CF stutter too.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2011, 20:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Well.. In that case I need to try Nvidia this spring, but before I want to know about 69XX CF stutter too.

I know all about the stutter, but in my case as long as you got more than 60 odd fps it wasn't noticeable. So I got me 2 6950s flashed them to 6970s and will test once my adapter gets here and report back :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 09:48 

Bud, have you tried your CF for stuttering issue already?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 10:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Did a fair bit of BFBC2 tonight, my game of choice...

Stuttering, still there at:
* 70-90FPS, DX9 eye candy el maximos (I was going to lower the settings to see if I could get it above 100 and stop stuttering but the flashing black textures CF and DX9 ALSO STILL &*^@ing there)
* 40-50FPS, DX10 (same settings as above) VSync on or off

* next to try DX9 (flashing textures or not) at medium for high FPS, also with VSync on
* medium DX10

Go to NVidia, I wish I had, same shit different cards, even had to blow another 70$ on ANOTHER bloody adapter... just the 2x6950 hack to 6970 for the same price as a single GTX580 was such a temptation.

I think I shall sell these and get the SLI GTX580-on-a-card if it is out soon.

EDIT: This fella http://www.elitebastards.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1929:evga-offers-a-sneak-peek-at-nvidias-next-dual-gpu-monster&catid=1:latest&Itemid=9

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 11:35 

Thanks for the detailed report. Btw BFBC2 is my main game too :) Waiting for BF3 this summer.
Problems with stuttering and potential problems with dp-vga(dvi) port (I believe problem with bezel management in my case with different monitors also exists even on 69XX series)

Yeah, I read about that dual EVGA card but i'm not sure if it's custom design by EVGA or Nvidia will release their official dual head hard too. Anyway it's good sign, pretty awesome to have 1 card with 3 dvi ports without any extensions like dp-vga adapter.

So what we have - Nvidia has no problems at all with stuterring, bezel management. Drivers are always better than AMD. Main thing is PRICE - I smell $650-700 here :( , +shipping to my country $50-100.. oh..

PC gaming is so expensive

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2011, 21:08 
Insiders
Insiders

Will do a lot more testing over the next 2 days... seems like windowed mode may stop the stuttering? Not confirmed yet

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2011, 08:22 
Insiders
Insiders

OK I set it to all high apart from bloom and hbao (yuck) on DX10 and windowed and KABLAM, around 100FPS of awesome with no crashes no stuttering

:) happy