Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 17:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2011, 21:42 

I think display fusion or ultramon can do this.

but maybe I'll give Ultramon ago - i liked it enough when i first used it about 5 years ago

I was an ultramon user too and "love" it when i was in dualmonitor but unfortunately, it's not compatible with EF...

Read this discussion from UltraMon official forum...

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 01:53 
Insiders
Insiders

Hydragrid takes the bezel compensation into account.

Post subject: re : AMD Eyefinity
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2011, 11:44 

As "suiken_2mieu" and "stangflyer", i think HydraVision is the best solution to maximize a window on a single screen.

I setup it like below :

First i edit the grid to "extract" the bezels

Now, when i want to maximise a window on one screen, i'm using alt + 1 click on the Maximize windows button...

I also give a test to DisplayFusion and it doesn't do the trick

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2011, 17:16 
Insiders
Insiders

Why not just use EyeFinity profiles? You can assign it to a hotkey combination (Shift+F6, etc) and just tap it once you're out of the game. I use it myself in conjunction with ultramon for very nice multi-monitor support.

But I guess if you insist on not using that superior option, there's always something like http://www.winsplit-revolution.com/. Just setup the bezeld areas as a separate tile and off you go.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 21:31 

But I guess if you insist on not using that superior option, there's always something like http://www.winsplit-revolution.com/. Just setup the bezeld areas as a separate tile and off you go.

Thanks. WinSplit Revolution is a really cool FREEware.

I have just tested it and it's really convenient for managing windows on my Eyefinity setup.

See below what i did to setup it :

After a quick install, i go to the icon in the system tray

And i did as below for the three "actions" that are assign to 4,5,6 numpad keys and calculate each aera to make them fit to my resolution (6048x1080) and "extract" the bezel.

Here is the setup for each one that i use :

Maybe you can pick the values and save your time...

With the scheme below, i'm trying to explain what this setup do, when i'm using WinSplit Revolution.

It's working very fine. I think i will keep this solution to manage the windows with my Eyefinity setup. So thanks again to Downtown1

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 03:20 
Insiders
Insiders

That's pretty cool, glad you got it working, though I'm really curious now why you didn't just use profiles (turn off EyeFinity and you can use Windows+Left/Up/Right/Down keys to move the windows around the different monitors)?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 09:31 

That's pretty cool, glad you got it working, though I'm really curious now why you didn't just use profiles (turn off EyeFinity and you can use Windows+Left/Up/Right/Down keys to move the windows around the different monitors)?

First : i've got a "bunch" of icons and i just want my taskbar (Superbar) to span all three monitors.

Second : when you turn off Eyefinity, your wallpaper "split" to each monitor

Third : i want to keep icons and gadgets at the same place

Eyefinity ON

Eyefinity OFF

NB : this is not my setup

Post subject: If you get ultramon your
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2011, 17:27 
Insiders
Insiders

If you get ultramon your taskbar will span all monitors and you will get icons for the programs in the taskbar for that corresponding monitor (instead of everything being on your left most monitor which is confusing)