Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 23:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 11:36 

Hi guys , So im new to this hole tripple screen thing and from what ive seen on youtube vids this is a problem and im not going crazy.

When im in any game doesnt matter what , my middle screen looks fine normal and all. But the left and right side look all wired looking. Like the more i look to the left on the left screen the bigger things get and the same goes for the right side . ( i dont move my mouse at first to get an idea of what the size should be. then i move my mouse to see what its like and woah theres a big difference .

does anyone have any ideas on what im talking about ?? i can upload so screen shots of this so people see what i mean.

Im running a saphire active Mini Dp to Dvi and my other 2 are dvi out as well. ( tryed with 1 hdmi and 1 dvi 1 dp-dvi and also dvi ,mini dp to hdmi out and mini dp to dvi out. )

I really dont know what can be causing this ? Also the Mini active dp i have from saphie doesnt have a Usb connecter . ( i hope thats not it )

kindest regards Aj

Post subject: If you're talking about
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 12:27 
Insiders
Insiders

If you're talking about stretched look at the outer edge, that is standard.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 13:37 

It's hard to explain exactly. it has to do with the diferrances between domed eyeball lens, "flat" math and simulated lens's.

Each game does it differant and has a default setting. Generaly called FOV and reffers to to the field of vision you can see from edge to edge.

Even a single screen has some "curve" to it. If you focus on the corner of a screen and swing the screen around slowly you will see it.

Idsoftware games (doom, quake, rage and Valve games) the default is FOV 90 ..on the triples you need FOV 145-150.
Bethesda (oblivian, fallout, skyrim) default is 75 ..on the triples you need FOV 90 or so.

In reality the extra 2 screens are NOT for looking at, just like the edges of a single screen. They are for your perrifferal vision, your mind will sort them out just fine. Natualy. If they were not curved it would be un-natual and apear to "shrink away" instead.

Post subject: Some Links for you: Bars
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 19:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Some Links for you:
Bars between screens and side screen distortion please read

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 18:29 

the stretching is needed to keep lines straight, it's called wide angle in the photography world, fish-eye (that bubble effect) will eliminate this stretch but will bend lines and imo it disorients me even more. also every game out there doesn't support fish-eye, in fact only time i've seen it in a game was a mod for quake world.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2012, 18:46 

Just check out the screenshot gallery. If you're experiencing the same thing as in the gallerie, then you obviously did a very poor job researching before you bought the whole stuff.

Moose