Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 09:49 

Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I have an issue that I may know the solution to, but just in case, I'd like to ask for your opinions.

Currently I'm running a new Asus 5870, the card runs like a dream.

My system specs are:

q6600 @ 2.4ghz
4gb ram @ 800mhz
Fatal1ty FP-IN9 mobo
550Watt true power PSU (12v18a)

Here lies the issue. I know my Mobo doesn not support pcie16x 2.1. My PSU is not nearly enough to truly power my video card. When I have one of my ASUS VW246H monitors plugged into the display port adapter at 1280 x 1024, it works fluidly and perfect. This is a 3 x VW246H setup with eyefinity running at 3860 x 1024. Games run smooth, frame rate is awesome. The aspect ratio is absolutely annoying, and I can't stand gaming with it, or even standard desktop navigation.

When I turn my monitor up to it's native resolution of 1920 x 1080 ( 5760 x 1080 ), the monitor on the display port begins to show white line dashing across the screen randomly, the screen will shut down and then turn itself back on. Eventually the monitor will shut off completely.

My opinion is that the power supply with it's low 12v18a rail is not giving the card enough power to keep a constant signal to the displayport, causing it to shut down. The card still renders the image, as I can record it with fraps.

Another issue might be a faulty active display port adapter. I bought it from amazon and my wife threw out the receipt.

Also, could this be due the my motherboard not supporting pcie 2.1?

In final thought, i am in the process of upgrading my system, I will be upgrading Processor, Motherboard, Memory and PSU in the next month or two.

Thanks for your thoughts,

-Tanshin

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 12:21 
Editors
Editors

If you double posted due to the new-member moderation system we enabled due to the amount of spam were were getting hit with, then no worries and welcome to the forum.

Anyone wanting to assist, please continue it in the other copy of this thread.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18186