Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 17:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009, 00:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Just want to say thanks for all the work you are doing. I have been out of PC gaming for about 5 years but with the eyefinity technology I am back!!! So here is my question:

When the eyefinity 6 version card comes out will I be able to game on 3x1 and use my desktop on the remaining screens? I plan on getting 6 screens but I'm guessing I will only use a 3x2 with only some games with the majority using 3x1 FPS. It would be useful for managing servers etc while being able to game at the same time.

I have tested this out using my existing 3x1 setup as a 2x1 with an extended desktop on the remaining monitor but the remaining monitor turns black (basically turning off).

this is a big deciding factor for getting the 6 output card or sticking with just three monitors. Again I appreciate what you are doing on these forums!!!

J.J.

just a question, when you used 2 for the game and trying to use the 3rd as another screen, is all 3 still connected to the TH2go (or similar device). Because that's exactly what would happen. Try connecting the 3rd monitor to the extra port on your card. You'll be pleasantly surprised that the 3rd monitor stays on.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 08:48 

[quote]Just want to say thanks for all the work you are doing. I have been out of PC gaming for about 5 years but with the eyefinity technology I am back!!! So here is my question:

When the eyefinity 6 version card comes out will I be able to game on 3x1 and use my desktop on the remaining screens? I plan on getting 6 screens but I'm guessing I will only use a 3x2 with only some games with the majority using 3x1 FPS. It would be useful for managing servers etc while being able to game at the same time.

I have tested this out using my existing 3x1 setup as a 2x1 with an extended desktop on the remaining monitor but the remaining monitor turns black (basically turning off).

this is a big deciding factor for getting the 6 output card or sticking with just three monitors. Again I appreciate what you are doing on these forums!!!

J.J.

just a question, when you used 2 for the game and trying to use the 3rd as another screen, is all 3 still connected to the TH2go (or similar device). Because that's exactly what would happen. Try connecting the 3rd monitor to the extra port on your card. You'll be pleasantly surprised that the 3rd monitor stays on.

Not even sure what TH2go is... I'm just using the 2 DVI ports and Display port from the 5870

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 10:33 

When the eyefinity 6 version card comes out will I be able to game on 3x1 and use my desktop on the remaining screens?

Well... I'd like to answer that question, but doing so would be too revealing about what we are doing... and we do have a competitor whom we absolutely need to keep guessing. Like DaveB, I am going to keep my lips zipped about The Six (it's a cylon card lol) and its capabilities. :D

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 15:10 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]

Not even sure what TH2go is... I'm just using the 2 DVI ports and Display port from the 5870
Ah sorry, I thought you were using different Hardware, I don't have a 5xxx series card yet to test how to do this, but If you set up 1 monitor extended and the other 2 in eyefinity, it should (theoretically) work. Try that if you hadn't.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 23:14 

[quote]When the eyefinity 6 version card comes out will I be able to game on 3x1 and use my desktop on the remaining screens?

Well... I'd like to answer that question, but doing so would be too revealing about what we are doing... and we do have a competitor whom we absolutely need to keep guessing. Like DaveB, I am going to keep my lips zipped about The Six (it's a cylon card lol) and its capabilities. :D

Man thats just wrong :) lol. I assume this will be answered when the eyefinity card comes out then? I suppose I can wait on purchasing the other screens till I know for sure. I appreciate the reply none the less!!!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 14:58 

Well... I'd like to answer that question, but doing so would be too revealing about what we are doing... and we do have a competitor whom we absolutely need to keep guessing.

I'm sure if people with 3 monitors can make a grouping of 2 monitors and have the 3rd by itself (I'm just assuming they can), then all sorts of crazy configs can be accomplished with 6 (let alone 24). I'm all tingly about the 16th(9.12!).
http://hothardware.com/image_popup.aspx?image=big_amd-ati-eyefinity-3.jpg&articleid=10867&t=n
Your "competitor" has bigger issues right now. Oh wait, you must mean Matrox.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 01:30 

[quote]I raised the issue some weeks back and Dave Baumann said he was going to speak to the 4800 series guys to find out what the story is (i.e. how they enabled support...)

Dave, did you manage to get any further with this problem?

Honestly, I ended up more confused by the response than I did prior to asking! There seemed to be some questions over how it even got enabled for RV770 (though I think the indication that there may have been a Matrox update?). The take out, though, was that its not a trivial matter to support it, unfortunatly.

Dave - thanks for keeping us updated on this, even if the news isn't the best.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 21:12 

[quote]Cool, here's mine!
I have had NVidia cards for the last three goes (7900, 8800, now 280) and one thing I really like is the ability to set quality setting independently in the Ctrl Panel. For example I still play a lot of BF2 so I set that to max in the CP, obviously that wouldn't be ideal for when I am playing Crysis Wars or GTA4! So when will ATi support this feature, I only realised when EF came out that it didn't!

Catalyst supports static profiles - you can assign the settings that you want for a particular game and then create a desktop icon for that.

Hello, I wrote in the other forum, But I guess this is the place to ask...

I have 2 5870 cards running crossfire. But of course when I game I want to do it in eyefinity...

So here´s my quistion I have set up 2 different profiles checked the box all catalyst settings. the difference between the profiles is 1 profile with CF and 123 screens in extended and one profile without crossfire and eyefinity.

everytime when I try to switch profile TO eyefinty I always end up with 3 cloned screens and I have to go in and detect all 3 screens and enable eyefinity, But switching back to CF 3 screens extended NP...

Is it just me or a known problem...?

Hope you understood me

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 21:54 

Yup, known issue. A fix will be coming in an upcoming Catalyst release, please read here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175895#p175895

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 23:13 

Yup, known issue. A fix will be coming in an upcoming Catalyst release, please read here:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175895#p175895

ahhh...

thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next