Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 09:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 05:08 

SAPPHIRE HD 5870 1G

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 10:07 

I'm having problems with eyefinity. I was glad once I read that a dp->vga worked so I wouldnt have to spend $100 for an active dp->dvi converter. After it arrived, I was happy it worked but soon problems followed. Here are my monitors, I have 2 Samsung 2253bw hooked up through DVI, and a Samsung T220 in the vga->dp port. My setup is that my main monitor i use is the one on the very left, then 2 on my right. I'll show you a picture of my setup quick to give you an idea.

I would occasionally get the link failure. Sometimes when I try extending to the other 2 monitors, my T220 would only display at resolution of 640 x 480 and I won't be able to change it. Only way I can get it to work is if I disable the 3rd monitor, unplug n plug the dp-vga then re activate it. Then I can do eyefinity (5040x1050) and games would run fine. If I disable it, I won't be able to get it to work again until I restart my computer. I haven't tried plugging different ports/monitors yet. I'm debating whether if this problem is my cable, or my dp-vga converter, or just a general problem. I'll try flashing my bios later if that helps, but any help would be great.

I have XFX 5870

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 13:22 

Displayport > DVI $110 AU.
Shipping to Australia $110 AU.
I thought screw another $220 AU just for Eyefinity..... I'll just wait for a monitor to die and get a new Displayport monitor.

When I saw the Display to VGA that I could get to my door for $50 AU I was happy.
Waited 3 weeks for it to arive..... Only to find it buggy as hell....

I would occasionally get the link failure. Sometimes when I try extending to the other 2 monitors, my T220 would only display at resolution of 640 x 480 and I won't be able to change it. Only way I can get it to work is if I disable the 3rd monitor, unplug n plug the dp-vga then re activate it. Then I can do eyefinity (5040x1050) and games would run fine. If I disable it, I won't be able to get it to work again until I restart my computer.

Sounds exactly the same as me.......

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 03:56 

I'm having problems with eyefinity. I was glad once I read that a dp->vga worked so I wouldnt have to spend $100 for an active dp->dvi converter. After it arrived, I was happy it worked but soon problems followed. Here are my monitors, I have 2 Samsung 2253bw hooked up through DVI, and a Samsung T220 in the vga->dp port. My setup is that my main monitor i use is the one on the very left, then 2 on my right. I'll show you a picture of my setup quick to give you an idea.

I would occasionally get the link failure. Sometimes when I try extending to the other 2 monitors, my T220 would only display at resolution of 640 x 480 and I won't be able to change it. Only way I can get it to work is if I disable the 3rd monitor, unplug n plug the dp-vga then re activate it. Then I can do eyefinity (5040x1050) and games would run fine. If I disable it, I won't be able to get it to work again until I restart my computer. I haven't tried plugging different ports/monitors yet. I'm debating whether if this problem is my cable, or my dp-vga converter, or just a general problem. I'll try flashing my bios later if that helps, but any help would be great.

I have XFX 5870
Had the same exact issues, I didn't have them on vista 64 bit but when I upgraded I did. After I got the new drivers it solved all the problems though.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 13:09 

I could not get Eyefinity to work on my main install of Win7 64 with a vga adapter(did work on another install for a while) downloaded CC 10.1 yesterday & it's working very well up to now :rockout

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 17:33 

I don't know why so many problems but my dp>vga works almost perfect on my 5770

remember you have to have your dp>vga as ur primary

I also have that 640x480 issue sometimes BUT all i hae to do is right click and bring up CCC and it automatically fixes itself :P

I'm gonna stick with my current drivers

btw anyone in Australia wants one I have a spare DP>VGA for $20 aud,

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 01:04 

I actually went back to the older driver, the new driver gives me the invisible mouse cursor bug when I try extending/eyefinity with the third monitor. I still haven't flashed my bios yet but I plan on doing that later today (Doubt it would work, seems like it fixes problems with the active dp-dvi). I can get 3 extended working by unplugging and plugging back in the dp-vga. Works every time, but as soon as I deactivate it and try reactivating, it will mess up

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2010, 13:50 

Hi everyone, first post etc.

Seem to have done the n00b thing and bought a DP - DVI adaptor for my 5770 but I'm gonna change that lol.

@neosin: I'm in Aus (Melb) and I'd like to get my hands on that adaptor, depending which one it is and if you've still got it. I'll PM you when I finish this post.

Anyways, I'm very interested to see how all this turns out.

-- even with all the issues you guys are experiencing... --
I'd like to see if anyone here has muched around with SoftTH (Software Triple-Head-To-Go)
I had it running across 2 separate nVidia cards (8800GTS + 7900GTO) and managed to actually get a fair few games to behave themselves.
It took a *lot* of editing of text files, but I could run Fallout 3, CoD2 and CoD4 and a handful of other at 4800x1200 across my 3 21" Dell LCDs, with the various aspect ratio fixing utilities for each game obviously.

The problem with this was the =performance=, when I built that system it was fairly decent (C2Q6600, 8gb Patriot Viper 1066, 650W Thermaltake, 1TB WD Black, amongst other junk), and even CoD2 struggled to pull a decent framerate.

Has anyone who's got it going with DVI + DVI + DP->VGA done any performance benchmarks or can give a basic indication of frame rates on common games?

Let me know, especially if the results are good! (Come on guys, I wanna hear about Crysis at 4800x1200 with full everything pulling 50+ FPS =P)

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 18:03 

Bought a Monoprice adapter, working fine on a dell 2209wa. haven't played any games so far but it works

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 15:33 

I'm using a HP DP>VGA adapter wich works great for me!
No flicker or anything like that!

Here is the adapter : https://h10057.www1.hp.com/ecomcat/hpcatalog/specs/provisioner/99/AS615AA.htm

Cost me 37.- euro's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 31  Next