Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 19:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 03:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for that, ychng.

I'm looking at getting 3 1920x1200 monitor to pair with my 5870, but I think the performace that i get with 5760x1200 woudl jsut be a bit oo mcuh for my system, so i figured runngin at 1080 height would do fine for now.

Stinking' ATI...

But boy, what a pain. I would've guessed that ATI include the ability for custom resolution in the drivers, but... i guess not. But a pain-in-the-ass solution is better than none, so thank you.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 02:40 

First, thank you ychng, kondor999 and Sideeffect, best info. I've found so far in how to replace the EDID with something else.

Second, unfortunately, even if it did replace the EDID it didn't help my problem. I'm trying to use eDimensionnal lcd shutter glasses. To that purpose I need to fool the nvidia 3d vision wizard that I have one of those new-fangled 120hz samsung/viewsonic/etc monitors hooked up, hence the EDID override.

However, it still says no 3d display found. Which means I'm stuck in red/blue mode.

Any advice how to achive this would be appreciated. The options I can see left all require a purchase, such as a dvi-display doctor to flash the samsung's edid to or actually buying one of those monitors even if I wouldn't use it.

I've thought of flashing the EDID on my monitor but I need to make sure I can completely undo it first.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 12:43 

Wow, totally over my head...
First, thank you ychng, kondor999 and Sideeffect, best info. I've found so far in how to replace the EDID with something else.

Second, unfortunately, even if it did replace the EDID it didn't help my problem. I'm trying to use eDimensionnal lcd shutter glasses. To that purpose I need to fool the nvidia 3d vision wizard that I have one of those new-fangled 120hz samsung/viewsonic/etc monitors hooked up, hence the EDID override.

However, it still says no 3d display found. Which means I'm stuck in red/blue mode.

Any advice how to achive this would be appreciated. The options I can see left all require a purchase, such as a dvi-display doctor to flash the samsung's edid to or actually buying one of those monitors even if I wouldn't use it.

I've thought of flashing the EDID on my monitor but I need to make sure I can completely undo it first.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 07:48 

Don't worry about it kondor999, I'd consider it a nice thing to not have such problems.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 10:05 

I was stumbling around the AMD forums and found a nifty program someone created to plug in custom resolutions into your registry. The person insists that it work, I have not tried this yet. Anyone brave enough to try it?

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=126171&enterthread=y

-Tanshin

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 06:37 

Can you post some detailed timings for 4320x900 (1440x900x3)?

Thanks

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 14:59 

i tried this but it doesnt work with my win7 64bit.

the problem seems to be the creation of a inf with moninfo. even when i load my default registry data, save it unmodiefied as a data file and transform it into a inf i get an error when i try to install it as a drver. windows says it cant find a driver, make shure if there is a driver it is for win7 64bit.

dont know what to do at this point.

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 22:21 

I've got some problem with Bezel Management with Catalyst 10.3 fresh installation. Option is "simply" missing in the CCC

So i investigate to solve the problem.... And i've found this really interesting thread.

First i've installed Moninfo 2.4 and curiously there are only two monitors listed in the moninfo txt report.

The serial number indicate (Everest give me this info) that the monitor which is connected by the DisplayPort is missing.

Is my Bezel Management troubleshoots starts here or i miss something ?

Sorry for my poor English, i'm French...

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 02:24 

I was stumbling around the AMD forums and found a nifty program someone created to plug in custom resolutions into your registry. The person insists that it work, I have not tried this yet. Anyone brave enough to try it?

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=126171&enterthread=y

-Tanshin

Hmm havnet tried it but perhaps that could solve my problem with not being able to eyefinity 720p res ... do not know if i dare tho :p

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 16:31 

tried it - didnt work for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next