Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 11:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2009, 06:16 

:D Was using eyefinity with my 5970 and playing r6lv2. I have my center monitor as the one using the monoprice dp to vga adapter. I also WAS using it as my main monitor while eyefinity gaming. I am using this fix for the game from Racer_S. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16734
Works great besides a few flickers from the dp monitor. Getting 40-50 fps with everything on max at 1680x1050x3. I use msi afterburner and could see I was using only one core. I figured that would be the case as r62 was not on the list for crossfire enabled eyefinity games.
I was just kind of screwing around and kind of by accident started the game with my right monitor which is dvi as my main monitor.
Game starts and boom!! the crossfire X icon pops up on the far right screen. All of a sudden I am am getting 90+ fps.
I repeated this 4-5 times for consistency. Put center screen as main screen- no crossfire and then use right screen and it would crossfire everytime. The only other games I have tried is crysis and crysis warhead and left4dead 1. Crysis is one of the games that is set up to be crossfired from the get go. Have not tried steam games yet!

If you have games that do not use both gpu's or crossfire try the game with the main monitor on the right screen instead of the middle. I am having a very busy next couple of weeks at work and will test some more games when I have time. Good luck!!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 07:17 

Been enjoying somd Rainbow Six Vegas 2 as well:

Had to use Racer_S' app here, as you mentioned, to enable it. I'm eager to pick up a second card and try out Crossfire in Eyefinity. Hopefully as drivers mature they will have some game profiles setup so we don't have to do as much hacking.

Cosmos S / PC&C1200 / Evga E760 "Classified" X58 / i7 960 3.2Ghz Quadcore / 6 Gb Dominator GT DDR3 / 128Gb SSD / WD 1TB Black / Evga GTX 680 4Gb / X-Fi Titanium HD / Dell U3011 30" / Marantz-Axiom-Velodyne 5.1

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 07:27 

:D Was using eyefinity with my 5970 and playing r6lv2. I have my center monitor as the one using the monoprice dp to vga adapter. I also WAS using it as my main monitor while eyefinity gaming. I am using this fix for the game from Racer_S. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16734
Works great besides a few flickers from the dp monitor. Getting 40-50 fps with everything on max at 1680x1050x3. I use msi afterburner and could see I was using only one core. I figured that would be the case as r62 was not on the list for crossfire enabled eyefinity games.
I was just kind of screwing around and kind of by accident started the game with my right monitor which is dvi as my main monitor.
Game starts and boom!! the crossfire X icon pops up on the far right screen. All of a sudden I am am getting 90+ fps.
I repeated this 4-5 times for consistency. Put center screen as main screen- no crossfire and then use right screen and it would crossfire everytime. The only other games I have tried is crysis and crysis warhead and left4dead 1. Crysis is one of the games that is set up to be crossfired from the get go. Have not tried steam games yet!

If you have games that do not use both gpu's or crossfire try the game with the main monitor on the right screen instead of the middle. I am having a very busy next couple of weeks at work and will test some more games when I have time. Good luck!!

i dont understand how or where you set the right screen to be the main screen. Once in SLS is it not all one big screen?

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 09:04 

[quote]:D Was using eyefinity with my 5970 and playing r6lv2. I have my center monitor as the one using the monoprice dp to vga adapter. I also WAS using it as my main monitor while eyefinity gaming. I am using this fix for the game from Racer_S. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=16734

i dont understand how or where you set the right screen to be the main screen. Once in SLS is it not all one big screen?

When in extended mode in windows make your right monitor the main monitor. This is right b4 you create a group in ccc>graphics>destops and displays. You will see your 1-2-3 monitor. If you set up your right screen in windows as main/ in ccc the right screen should show the asterik in the right screen also. If not right click right monitor in ccc and select (make primary). Then you will create group> select your 3x1 landscape mode and then arrange the order of the monitors by selecting the correct blue screen. You should be good 2 go.
Don't forget in the taskbar if you right click on the ati icon and it will show radeon hd#### series and highlight that and it will expand and show crossfirex settings> highlight that and make sure (show status icon) is checked.
When I use right monitor as main I get 100+fps in r6lv2 and the crossfirex icon shows in right monitor and if I use center mon as main I get 45-50fps and no icon. Hope this make sense as it is 2 am and I have to work in 6 hrs> I will check on this thread wed. night to see if it helped> good luck!!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 18:38 

Thanks allot, i will check this out and report my findings as well!