Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 19:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 18:17 

No offense to anyone but...

What the hell does this PC-Console pissing match have to do with the OT? I consider these forums a resource. If you want to bash consoles or pcs do so in another topic. I personally stay on top of this thread to catch any updates on ME2.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 19:11 
Editors
Editors

Eh, 'tis the nature of forums to digress. Nevertheless, when there is more info on the original topic of this thread, I'm sure someone will post it. ;)

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 19:27 

No offense to anyone but...

What the hell does this PC-Console pissing match have to do with the OT? I consider these forums a resource. If you want to bash consoles or pcs do so in another topic. I personally stay on top of this thread to catch any updates on ME2.

It is not like the thread is gone. Yes we went off topic for a second but I am sure this thread will be updated with any new info that gets released. Someone mentioned something about console and low res and only supporting one monitor so I corrected them is all. This thread is 7 pages and there were only a few post that were about that so.....BACK ON TOPIC

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 20:44 

I didn't mean to start a console vs. PC war, those are so tired and pointless. It really is cool Forza does that, I am impressed. I was only commenting on how close the chair was to the screen and saying with low-res and low-AA console games that has to be a bit of an eyesore, sorry if anyone took offense.

I remember playing Infamous on my PC monitor on PS3 and thinking the game looked like absolute trash, just a blurry and jaggy mess. On a TV from 10 feet away though it looked a lot better, that is how console games are meant to be played.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 20:49 

I never use AA. I don't think it is needed @ such high resolution anyway being 5760X1200 on pc. Console games don't give you the option to adjust AA because all hardware is the same for console. The same with graphic settings so while it might be on some may think it is not. I rarely play a game that is in need of AA.

Back to console games and esp Forza 3 it is a racing game that is very fast paced. It is hard for me to imagine picking out any jaggies. Look at my screen shots do you see any jaggies didn't think so....

And how does not using AA give you a head ache haha. Maybe it is just the games you are playing. Most of the games that I play AA is not even needed.

Play halo odst on a 40 inch + lcd/plasma and tell me AA isnt needed. When you look into the distance it jjust looks like lines crossing over lines, very distracting and unplayable but I am a pc snob when it comes to graphics. Obviously for the average consumer the Wii is good enough.

Thats pretty cool that you can hook up 3 360's and play forza 3 but damn if thats the only title you can play that wouldnt be on my radar at all. But I love Forza 2 love it.. but I havent had time to screw around with Forza 3 yet but imo that series is the best racing experiance.. I love the upgrades and making crazy cars. And I am certainly not a gear head.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2010, 21:19 

I have no interest in playing Halo ODST haha. Yes I am sure there are some games that have issues but so do some pc games. And most PC games have issues implementing proper AA anyway "CRYSIS" not that it is needed but it does not work very well. Dirt 2 good luck running any AA. I don't notice the difference from 0XAA, 2XAA, and 4XAA on Dirt 2 but it sure takes a hit on performance. That is what I mean about not really noticing a difference some games yea but the performance hit I get from using it isn't worth the small change it usually does.

And yea I didn't ever think I would actually play Forza 3 in triple screen but I always thought it was cool you could do it on Forza 2 and new you would be able to do it on Forza 3. Then eyefinity came out and I then had 3 screens so... I already had two 360's one is mine the other was the GF's. So I already had the monitors I just needed one more console so I bought another off craigslist for $100. I already had Forza 3 so bought 2 more copies. It is a very good game for triple screen esp with the built in bezel management something I can't wait for ATI to do.

I have always been a gear head and always loved racing games so it really wasn't that much of an extra cost vs the amount of fun I have with that game. Esp with the Fanatec Turbo S wheel. It really is a very good Sim game, and I would say better then a lot of the pc sims. The amount of cars, upgrades, enviroments, real world tracks, physics, sounds, the game is a no brainier if you are into racing games. If I didn't have a console I would buy one just for that game if you are into racing games and cars.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 01:24 

[quote]I never use AA. I don't think it is needed @ such high resolution anyway being 5760X1200 on pc. Console games don't give you the option to adjust AA because all hardware is the same for console. The same with graphic settings so while it might be on some may think it is not. I rarely play a game that is in need of AA.

Back to console games and esp Forza 3 it is a racing game that is very fast paced. It is hard for me to imagine picking out any jaggies. Look at my screen shots do you see any jaggies didn't think so....

And how does not using AA give you a head ache haha. Maybe it is just the games you are playing. Most of the games that I play AA is not even needed.

Play halo odst on a 40 inch + lcd/plasma and tell me AA isnt needed. When you look into the distance it jjust looks like lines crossing over lines, very distracting and unplayable but I am a pc snob when it comes to graphics. Obviously for the average consumer the Wii is good enough.

Thats pretty cool that you can hook up 3 360's and play forza 3 but damn if thats the only title you can play that wouldnt be on my radar at all. But I love Forza 2 love it.. but I havent had time to screw around with Forza 3 yet but imo that series is the best racing experiance.. I love the upgrades and making crazy cars. And I am certainly not a gear head.

Forza 2 also supports multiple screens.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 14:41 

Any Updates on when this patch may come out for Mass Effect 2 I would like to play this in eyefinity

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 22:23 

Any Updates on when this patch may come out for Mass Effect 2 I would like to play this in eyefinity

No one even knows IF it is ever coming, let alone when.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 22:32 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Any Updates on when this patch may come out for Mass Effect 2 I would like to play this in eyefinity

No one even knows IF it is ever coming, let alone when.
that's kinda fail, im not buying ME2 till i can play in surround correctly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next