Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 07:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 09:52 
Editors
Editors

Bear in mind that despite being "proven" tech, the DisplayPort TH2Go is just as untested 'in the wild' as EyeFinity. The TH2Go-DP version might end up with issues that the VGA/DVI TH2Go doesn't exhibit.

Until both the 5870 and the TH2Go-DP are in the wild, this is all guesswork, though.

Long and the short of it; wait at least until a couple of weeks after the release of the 5870 so there had been some opportunity for early adopters to give it a bit of a workout, then you can decide you want to go TH2Go DVI/DP or EyeFinity with more information.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 10:13 
Editors
Editors

I'll try to be one of the early adopters of the 5870 as long as its not like $600, but problem is I do not have 3 monitors to test for EyeFinity, I still use my single 37" 1920x1080 and I really like it but I plan to replace it with 3x monitors for surround and then to keep me and the wife happy for stuff we need the big screen for (movies/anime/games) I want to have a HD projector to throw an image on the wall above the monitors.

That to me is the ideal setup.

I hope that forum member gets back to me about the 3x 22" samsung monitors he said he is selling.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 10:33 
Editors
Editors

See if you can borrow three monitors from work for an evening...?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 21:42 

I'll try to be one of the early adopters of the 5870 as long as its not like $600, but problem is I do not have 3 monitors to test for EyeFinity, I still use my single 37" 1920x1080 and I really like it but I plan to replace it with 3x monitors for surround and then to keep me and the wife happy for stuff we need the big screen for (movies/anime/games) I want to have a HD projector to throw an image on the wall above the monitors.

I hope that forum member gets back to me about the 3x 22" samsung monitors he said he is selling.

trust me once your try playing games on a triplemonitor setup... u don't want to go back.

even against a large screen HDTV.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 03:50 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102856&Tpk=ATI%205870

only 379!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 04:27 
Editors
Editors

[quote]I'll try to be one of the early adopters of the 5870 as long as its not like $600, but problem is I do not have 3 monitors to test for EyeFinity, I still use my single 37" 1920x1080 and I really like it but I plan to replace it with 3x monitors for surround and then to keep me and the wife happy for stuff we need the big screen for (movies/anime/games) I want to have a HD projector to throw an image on the wall above the monitors.

trust me once your try playing games on a triplemonitor setup... u don't want to go back.

I dunno, I do a lot more movie & single screen stuff than I do multi screen stuff. I am sure atleast at first I will be looking for triple screen things to do but after that new feel wears off I'll be back to the single large screen for most stuff.

It lets me lay in bed and read easy, it makes games look great and it doesnt require 3x the system power that it will once I go wider.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 04:29 
Editors
Editors

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102856&Tpk=ATI%205870

only 379!

Thats amazing! However until its out and actually for sale that low I would not get your hopes up, it could just be a site traffic trick.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 06:33 

[quote][quote]I'll try to be one of the early adopters of the 5870 as long as its not like $600, but problem is I do not have 3 monitors to test for EyeFinity, I still use my single 37" 1920x1080 and I really like it but I plan to replace it with 3x monitors for surround and then to keep me and the wife happy for stuff we need the big screen for (movies/anime/games) I want to have a HD projector to throw an image on the wall above the monitors.

I dunno, I do a lot more movie & single screen stuff than I do multi screen stuff. I am sure atleast at first I will be looking for triple screen things to do but after that new feel wears off I'll be back to the single large screen for most stuff.

It lets me lay in bed and read easy, it makes games look great and it doesnt require 3x the system power that it will once I go wider.

You are right in regards to things like movie and games that does not support triple monitor.

For me interms of investments 3x 24" is cheaper than say a 46"+ HDTV screen. 3x 24" at 1920x1200 is more productive for work than a 1080p screen.

but to each it's own. though sometimes when I play a movie or play a game that only support a single screen (Street Fighter 4) I do wish my rig is hooked up to my 52" HDTV :)

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 14:47 
Editors
Editors

They were selling the new released of my 37" for like $500 on buy.com last month. Westinghouse makes a great panel for cheap because its a monitor not a HDTV and the quality is up there with any of the expensive brands.

I still have my user review of this panel here on the user review forum section. If the bezel was not so big I would just go 3x37" Westys :D :D

Hell if I see them for $500 again I may do that anyways the bezel wont matter when the side screens are just fov and immersion.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 19:48 
Insiders
Insiders

I still have my user review of this panel here on the user review forum section. If the bezel was not so big I would just go 3x37" Westys :D :D

What kind of crazy large desk would that require? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next