Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Aug 2024, 01:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 19:50 
Insiders
Insiders

Once you have set the grid up where you want it (you can drag, delete and add to the grid; make sure you enable it) you have to right click on the windows 'top bar' (I dunno what it is called, LOL, the blue bit at the top!) and select 'attach to grid'.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009, 18:33 

100% Eyefinity

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 00:51 

all the time for me, for my business I love using it in Quickbooks pro, my recording studio which I dual boot to its just fantastic as I can see all my controls and plugins finally games are just great!

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 06:30 

I'm pretty much using EF 100% of the time now as well.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 02:38 

I use EF 100%, it's nice having 3 apps up at a time, each app on it's own monitor.

I use for PLC Programming, and HMI Screen editing for work stuff, and for fun stuff besides gaming it's nice for Hammer(L4D).

Deke

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2010, 23:10 

Having used Eyefinity for a day now, I think I will mainly stick using it 100% of the time. I will still need to go back to extended mode to play games that don't support Eyefinity (BF2 :( ).

Some points I have noted:

[list][*]I would be nice if Windows would allow moving the start button and taskbar notification icons along the actual taskbar so they could be put on the center screen.[/*:m]
[*]Hydragrid seems to work pretty well[/*:m]
[*]Remote Desktop window doesn't like Hydragrid - it won't stick to a grid.[/*:m]
[*]Switching between Catayst profiles is buggy - it will be good once driver support matures a bit[/*:m][/list:u]

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2010, 00:17 

Switching between Catayst profiles is buggy - it will be good once driver support matures a bit

If you have each mode assigned to a hotkey, you can push it multiple times to get it to switch. Usually going to extended mode takes 2 tries, and back to EF takes 3.

Thankfully all games I currently play can handle EF (except for Mass Effect, which I get around by running in windowed mode), otherwise I'd be screwed, since my desk is only big enough to run EF in portrait mode :lol: