Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 17:50 

[quote]Well shouldn't titles be taken off that list that don't actually work YET. I see this as Very Bad False Advertisement on ATI's part. Good Job ATI. :rockout

There is a difference between showing titles that we are working with the developers to those that are listed on the Eyefinity site. The list is much the same as the DX11 title list.

I also think it is strange that on the ATI Subsite under supported software that there is a section at the bottom small print that says

Thats why that site shows two different levels of support - Eyefinity Validated and Eyefinity Ready.

Well in that case all games should be listed if it is based on Eyefinity Ready correct?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 18:42 
Editors
Editors

I know it's just marketing, but I must admit that I'm not too keen on this either - if something works (as Dragon Age: Origins did post-patch) then put it down as supporting EyeFinity. If it sort-of-works-but-needs-editing/3rd-party-FOV-program, then it should have a little footnote detailing this if it is 'supported'. If it's broken, it shouldn't be down there at all. Game-crippling HUD flaws means it's broken.

But "EyeFinity Ready"... if ATi tested ME2 and saw that behaviour it shouldn't be "Ready" it should be "broken". If ATi hasn't had the opportunity to test ME2, it's a bit daft to put it on slides as supported, surely, as it's ATi that are going to cop the flak for it if it doesn't work. Which Mass Effect 2 obviously doesn't. Sure, update it if/when Bioware release a patch fixing the broken HUD, but it is misleading (although I'm willing to believe that it is not intended) to say it supports EyeFinity if it has such a game-breaking flaw.

I bet it'd be nowhere near as broken in portrait EyeFinity - 3240x1920 is a lot closer to 16:10 than 5760x1080...

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 18:50 
Insiders
Insiders

No Dave that's a load of PR crap. We all here know that FOV issues make games unplayable. Unless of course you're okay with moving back 30' to a couch where you'll see less that using a 16:9 screen up close. Every title on the list should both support CORRECT FOV for all Resolutions. This should be a mandate to even carry the Eyefinity Name. Some QOS please.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 19:28 

I wouldn't even consider dragon age to properly support eyefinity due to the disappearing geometry. Invisible trees aren't a big deal to anyone?

That list should be pulled down or at least updated to be truthful.

If it doesn't work out of the box, it shouldn't be on the eyefinity list.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 19:38 

But "EyeFinity Ready"... if ATi tested ME2 and saw that behaviour it shouldn't be "Ready" it should be "broken".

You're confusing two different things there. The Slide is intended as a list of titles and developers we are working with for the stuff in 2010 (hence the title "ISV Adoption"). The Eyefinity Ready/Validated list is stuff that is released and tested to certain levels.

Forgive me, but is ME2 listed on the Eyefinity Validated/Ready list? No, because it not released yet. But a title being released without support in the box does not preclude work still being done with the developer.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 21:33 

Im Sorry Dave

But ive got to agree with the other peeps on what is being said here if had seen that list of games shown on there i would exepct to be seeing Mass Effect 2 supporting eyefinity as well.

Surely if the list you have there is relating to parnters should it not be showing company names rather than games?

Got to admit im disapointed in ATI for this, i was looking to get another 5870 in crossfire but if a new game like mass effect 2 is not even suupported why should i bother.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:30 

Uggghh. I'm sad all over again. More than any other game, I was looking forward to playing ME2 on three monitors. Guess I'll wait a bit for a patch before purchasing. :cry:

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 00:15 

Oh wow, so glad I held off on pre-ordering that one. I wonder if we can expect similar things from AvP and Bad Company 2. I'm hovering over the pre-order on those at the moment. Very disappointing, but let's hope we see a patch very soon.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 00:49 
Insiders
Insiders

Well, however he got it, I'm glad i spotted this thread. I bought ME1 and liked it. I was considering buying ME2, too.

Was.

You saved me some cash, guy. So thanks.

On the other hand, if it's a shady copy, then maybe it's on of those weird anti-piracy game-breaking measures that we've seen every now and then.

Does your copy play and look okay on single-screen?

But after seeing it listed in the 'EF supported' thread, it's an unexpected dissapointment. :(

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 00:53 
Editors
Editors

We'll keep the OP innocent until proven guilty, but I have to say this is quite a disappointment, regardless of the semantics about which list it appears on. I'm sure many people were expecting this to have above average support :(

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next