Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Aug 2024, 23:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 04:18 

I noticed that the middle EF resolution now has the correct aspect ratio (3150x1680). Great job! Can we get 2700x1440 in there as well?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 05:15 

I was hoping Dave b or someone could verify I have the 10.1 drivers. I think I do. because I do see driver package 8.69.

But ever sense I used driver sweeper before installing the 9.12 hot fix . My Catalyst version always show as 9.10 now . The first driver I ever Installed on this machine.

is there some reason why even though the package driver version changes the catalyst version does not change.

this is with the hot fix .

this is what shows with the 10.1 I installed

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 06:48 

Well , It doesn't matter anymore I guess .

After Installing the 10.1 drivers My dirt 2 benchmarks went from 70 FPS to 30-35 FPS. After trying several things without any Improvement. I Just went back to the 9.12 hotfix and got my 70 FPS back.

Absolutely ridiculous. I was pretty stoked about this upcoming driver thinking it was going to be the big Improvement and instead it was total fail.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 07:13 

There are huge complaint threads about these drivers on forums. The old issues like grey screens, VPU recovers, powerplay problems, 2D problems, link failures, corrupt cursors, white lines, loss of signal for DP, refresh rate options, eyefinity resolution options are all still here 3 months after the cards release.

Personally I suffer from 4 of those issues which I could probably fix by updating to a newer release BIOS and changing the 2D clocks and voltages with Radeon BIOS Editor (RBE). I am not happy to do that until RBE support for the 5xxx series is more mature or an official ASUS updated BIOS is released with the displayport fix and powerplay fixes while using multiple monitors.

ATI should be working with distributers such as ASUS to release official sanctioned new BIOS revisions. Leaking unofficial BIOS revisions to 3rd party sites like Techpowerup just doesn't cut it and unfairly puts all the risk on to the user. It seems that drivers are not going to fix these problems and an updated BIOS is required so please provide better support.

Focusing any driver development time on improving Crysis performance when so many issues exist is Bizarre its an old game and was little more than a tech demo in the first place. Hardly anyone is playing that game any more it is only used for benchmarks.

Bezel management is also still not released and is looking unlikely to be released in the 10.2 either as betas are already out. It is looking more and more likely that Nvidia will beat you to it.

The name string is wrong on the official 10.1 and both the beta 10.2 releases. All are identified as 9.0 in CCC it is unprofessional and causes confusion for users.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 10:43 
Insiders
Insiders

Well now the saved profile shortcuts and hotkeys DO work for me. Now i can switch from EF to extended with ease. Before it would go to triple-clone , then stop. Now it goes straight to EF. Lovely.

And yay for being able to sue a lower EF resolution while preserving AR.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 14:23 

ATI should be working with distributers such as ASUS to release official sanctioned new BIOS revisions.

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/display-flashing-when-connected-to-displayport.aspx

As per the KB article, please contact ASUS and request a new BIOS if they have not already made one available for download. They are aware of this.

Focusing any driver development time on improving Crysis performance when so many issues exist is Bizarre its an old game and was little more than a tech demo in the first place. Hardly anyone is playing that game any more it is only used for benchmarks.

There are multiple different teams that contribute to a driver who's functions to not cross over - i.e. it would be entirely pointless putting a D3D driver engineer on to a CCC bug!

The name string is wrong on the official 10.1 and both the beta 10.2 releases. All are identified as 9.0 in CCC it is unprofessional and causes confusion for users.

As per the Catalyst Maker Twitter Page Terry has already acknowledge the 9.12/10.1 string issue in he officials and that is being updated. As for leaked beta's, well they are leaked beta's....

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 17:09 

Well now the saved profile shortcuts and hotkeys DO work for me. Now i can switch from EF to extended with ease. Before it would go to triple-clone , then stop. Now it goes straight to EF. Lovely.

And yay for being able to sue a lower EF resolution while preserving AR.

Hey my shortcuts are working now too. This is great, it even remembers where my icons should be.

Thank you ATI for fixing this problem been waiting for this for a while now.

Now everything else to wait for is just an extra bonus :)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 21:10 

pretty anticlimactic driver update.. though I did notice l4d2 was a bit smoother in eyefinity mode... and I do play a bit o that. :)

anyone with crossfire + eyefinity out there, how is performance now? any better? any improvements there?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 18:52 

ahh man I was hoping for the bezel management. :doh

got all excited and hard for no reason

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 02:13 

The Eyefinity profile & shortcuts works now, for the most part. Going from extended or dual monitor to Eyefinity SLS works fine, but going from single screen to Eyefinity requires clicking the shortcut or hitting the hotkeys twice.

That's still a welcome improvement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next