Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 15:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ATI 6870
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2010, 11:30 

"The card has two DVI ports, two mini- DisplayPort and one HDMI port. AMD's display output logic is clearly superior to what NVIDIA has to offer at this time. Vendors are free to combine six TMDS links into any output configuration they want (dual-link DVI consuming two links) - and use them all at the same time. AMD has also introduced DisplayPort 1.2 support with their new cards which allows the use of a DisplayPort hub to connect multiple monitors, or daisy chain them together. "
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_6870/4.html
(same words for 6850 just one display port not two mini-display port

iirc 5*** series had 4 clock sources ,now you are telling 68** series has 4 clock sources not 6 ,correct?

Not sure what you mean there, but fundamentally, in terms of the display clock sources HD 6000 is the same as HD 5000; there are two sources for legacy devices and one source for DP (which can be shared accross multiple DP outputs).

Post subject: Re: ATI 6870
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 03:44 

6 if you do dual min-DP monitors or daisy chaining or if you get 2 of those mini-dp to 3 dvi display ups (dell has em for about $180)

I was misunderstanding what clocks meant when i wrote about em - thought that the clocks for DP were different than DVI and the HDMI

Yes it supports Bezel correction - but thats built into the driver and not the card.

Im not sure what kind of configurations you can mix and match using the display ports and DVI/HDMI (since the DL-DVI , SL-DVI and HDMI share 2 clocks) but my guess would be any mix of 6 with the exception of using both DVIs and the HDMI

Yes I was running in Ultra in Dalara, but WoW is very CPU intensive - thats why I have my CPU OC'd - that and my hearth isnt the main inn by the south bank - I hearth to the sewers where its less crowded