Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 13:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 22:39 

I think you guys are missing out on a great game. That's just punishing yourself :p Why not play it in Portrat EF now? And later when the patch comes, play it again in landscape? I know I plan to do another playthrough at some point on Insanity difficult.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2010, 22:58 
Insiders
Insiders

I think you guys are missing out on a great game. That's just punishing yourself :p Why not play it in Portrat EF now? And later when the patch comes, play it again in landscape? I know I plan to do another playthrough at some point on Insanity difficult.

Well personally my monitors can only do landscape, it has no portrait rotation.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 01:41 

[quote]Any Updates on when this patch may come out for Mass Effect 2 I would like to play this in eyefinity

No one even knows IF it is ever coming, let alone when.

I thought this article (which is linked to by the first page of WSGF, btw) confirmed a fix was coming:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,704064/Mass-Effect-2-with-Eyefinity-problems-Patch-under-construction/News/

Did I misinterpret something?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 04:25 

[quote][quote]Any Updates on when this patch may come out for Mass Effect 2 I would like to play this in eyefinity

No one even knows IF it is ever coming, let alone when.

I thought this article (which is linked to by the first page of WSGF, btw) confirmed a fix was coming:
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,704064/Mass-Effect-2-with-Eyefinity-problems-Patch-under-construction/News/

Did I misinterpret something?

We haven't seen Bioware officially announce a forthcoming fix for Eyefinity, though.

Not that I don't believe PCGameshardware.. but official confirmation from a Bioware poster would go a long way.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2010, 21:57 

It's commendable that you guys have chosen to wait, but I couldn't do it. I loved Mass Effect so much and was so looking forward to Mass Effect 2 as soon as I heard it was annouced, that there was no way I was going to wait. I finished it a week ago.

At the moment I'm just hanging out for the patch before I go replaying the final mission. I wasn't happy with how it ended for me. :D So I'll at least get some Eyefinity goodness with Mass Effect 2.

This is one of the things that really annoys me about Eyefinity. All this hype about games supporting it, then they come out and you have to wait even longer for the patch. Same with Bioshock 2. At least in that case I'm not dying to play it like Mass Effect 2, so I can wait.

Comon ATi/developers, get your act together for what is such a great product.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 00:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Sigh. My copies still sitting on my shelf. Don't want to install it because I know I'll crack and play it.

What's taking so long? :-( They got that EF patch out for Dragon Age so quickly before..

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 02:45 

Heh, I was going to play it slow to wait for a patch for Eyefinity. But I'm now 30 hrs into the game and still no patch in sight. Maybe it'll be out on my next play though.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2010, 02:45 

Sigh. My copies still sitting on my shelf. Don't want to install it because I know I'll crack and play it.

What's taking so long? :-( They got that EF patch out for Dragon Age so quickly before..

And the widescreen patch for Bioshock 2 about a week after? Yeah, kinda a disappointing setback for Bioware.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 15:59 

If they don't get Eyefinity added before I finish this next playthrough of ME1 I'm gonna go all Krogan on their ass.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 00:22 

I said this before I think, but Mass Effect 2 is Unreal Engine 3, it's whole other bag from Dragon Age. I would not be surprised if there is never an Eyefinity patch, and in fact I would almost assume there will not be. Who knows the not only technical but license issues the UE3 engine causes for Bioware, and I know from reading their forums that they have very limited patch resources to work with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next