Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 17:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 19:35 

i also got the HP S615AA and it works ! Jippiie.
How do i get the start button into the middle ?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 20:26 

I got the monoprice adapter (well, I think its the same one, but I got mine for £20 off ebay). Firstly the good news: No issues with flickering. The bad news. I have only managed to get all three monitors working once. Initially when I plugged everything in the whole setup worked in extended desktop. I then thought I would try eyefinity and all hell broke loose. Mouse dissapears, link is lost, now nothing I do will get the third screen to come back. it is detected fine in Windows and Catalyst but it just stays in power save mode permanently.

I don't game so don't need to use eyefinity, I just wanted three monitors for my work. Currently left to right have 27" (1920x1080) LG Monitor (using DisplayPort->VGA) + 2x Dell 2007FP in portrait on DVI.

I have tried various combinations of unplugging and plugging in but no luck so far. Suggestions?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 13:53 

STILL FAILS

My Sapphire 5870 has always shown no vender and no Catalyst Version.
I have reinstalled and updated the ATI drivers many times and it never changed.

In one last ditch effort to get Eyefinity working I updated to 10.1
But then there was no CCC panel to change anything.

I spent 2 hours using driver sweeper, stoping Win7 from auto installing drivers.
Installing drivers from ATI site, from Sapphire site, Safe Mode, I even tried the language driver pack but couldn't get CCC back.

Then I came here to complain and saw the link to 10.1 Hotfix.

That sovled the CCC missing.
Profiles now worked.
Driver info is now shown properly.

FAIL = Evey time I boot center VGA screen is 800x640 unitl I opened CCC.

FAIL = My 3rd monitor DVI was showing red pixels in small random patterns here and there like it was over heating. 60% fan for about 55 deg.

FAIL = Center VGA monitor still flickers. (It has reduced some, and the flicker effect is slower)

So while it has gotten better for me, Eyefinity still has a BIG F from me.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 14:25 

STILL FAILS

My Sapphire 5870 has always shown no vender and no Catalyst Version.
I have reinstalled and updated the ATI drivers many times and it never changed.

In one last ditch effort to get Eyefinity working I updated to 10.1
But then there was no CCC panel to change anything.

I spent 2 hours using driver sweeper, stoping Win7 from auto installing drivers.
Installing drivers from ATI site, from Sapphire site, Safe Mode, I even tried the language driver pack but couldn't get CCC back.

Then I came here to complain and saw the link to 10.1 Hotfix.

That sovled the CCC missing.
Profiles now worked.
Driver info is now shown properly.

FAIL = Evey time I boot center VGA screen is 800x640 unitl I opened CCC.

FAIL = My 3rd monitor DVI was showing red pixels in small random patterns here and there like it was over heating. 60% fan for about 55 deg.

FAIL = Center VGA monitor still flickers. (It has reduced some, and the flicker effect is slower)

So while it has gotten better for me, Eyefinity still has a BIG F from me.

I have eyefinity working with a cheap dp-vga adaptor, what i find is upon rebooting (bios screen) the middle dp screen goes blank (power saving mode) when it boots into windows I have similar problems, 800x640, profiles fooked etc.., when i did get eyefinity going the dp monitor would blink the odd time in windows and gaming, if I shut the pc down then boot, the middle screen is fine and works a treat in eyefinity, no flickering upto now :-)

worth a try me thinks.
p.s also i connected 1 monitor at a time (starting with dp) shutdown repeat, as long as the middle dp screen
is on at bios boot time it all works

hth

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 13:59 

As someone else also posted I add this to my list.

FAIL = 5870 > DVI & DVI - 1 monitor stays on when the rest are asleep.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2010, 18:35 

I managed to solve the loss of DisplayPort link by flashing the Graphics card bios. Getting all three screens to work seemed to just be by fluke, I decided to swap which DVI port went to which screen just on the off chance it would magically work again - once I did the screen works fine. I don't dare unplug anything from now on though. or dare to change anything in CCC for that matter.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 14:15 

OK

so I bought 5770 and with 2 monitors it worked fine... (HPLP3065+ HPLP2065 connected to 2 DVI)
also got my HP DisplayPort-VGA adapter and when I connect it also works fine with one of my HL2065

downloaded new Catalyst Control Center.

but when I try 3 monitors I can only make 2 of them work (one HPLP2065 connected to DisplayPort) and that big 2560x1600 HPLP3065 conncted to DVI but Windows or this catalyst Control Center doesn't see second HPlp2065 connected to second DVI slot...

Can anyone confirm I can make it work If I'm using Windows XP? Is there any way I can make it ?

If not I quess upgrade to Windows7 is needed but I still have some hopes... :)

also something strange....

when i restart PC it doesnt remember this one HPLP2065 resolution 1600x1200 and satrts it with lowest one posssible every time... (this monitor is connected by that DP-VGA adapter to DisplayPort slot...

PS - I have to add. I dont need Eyefinity or other things to games, movies or whatever... I just need more display/pulpit space from my 3 monitors... so maybe it changes something about using them with Xp... :)

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 15:53 
Insiders
Insiders

the same for me ;(

I wanted to run extended 5040x1050 desktop and main lcd is connected to DP @ VGA adapter
two side lcds @ dvi ports and only one side lcd is working

and catalyst see only 2 monitors

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 16:04 

but you use Vsta/Win7? or XP the same as me...

cause maybe it's not problem with XP in my case and upgrading to Win7 will not do anything better for me... :(

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 17:36 
Insiders
Insiders

yes
xp32bit

edit
win7 pro

the same :(

I see only two lcd, third is not acitve

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 31  Next