Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 23:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 07:24 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I've already chatted with Ibrin (though truth be told, I owe him a call). We'll support him with a sample, but we'd rather do it when the list of game titles supported in the driver is changed from a "white list" to a "black list" mechanism.

Ooooo.... Go Ibrin! I am eager to hear his comments.Yay for Ibrin, I think ATi or IW should buy DopeFish a full EF rig, he has done so much for multi-monitor gaming!

Jealous though, I had to pay 1200NZ$ for mine! (plus 180 for the Apple adapter)...Happy though, cost has been covered by MicrsoftNZ with 2000$ for winning a compo with the most powerful PC running Win7 prior to release, MS partners only obviously ;) Even paid for the SSD as well :)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 02:59 

Crossfire X Eyefinity is a proof of concept on the 5970 drivers, partially as there is a more controlled environment between the two ASIC's (i.e. the PLX bridge) and it limited to a smaller set of profiled applications. We're doing some work to alter how this is achieved and we expect to have this opened up for the rest of the HD 5000 series in early 2010.

Do you expect to ever open up Crossfire+Eyefinity to a 5x1 design with three monitors connected to one HD5850 and two monitors to a second HD5850?

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 11:33 

[quote]Now Dave, the real Question is why we didn't get one of those samples (send to Ibrin in 10...9...8...).

Probably because it would be like preaching to the choir here. They get much larger blanket and immediate return on giving review samples out to the huge general sites. The focus is so narrow here, which is a good thing for us who have a focus on this type of stuff, but really very few know about WSGF because they don't think to look. It's a double edged sword. Still, it does make sense to get a knowledgeable review from WSGF and to empower that to happen. Afterall, WSGF has the largest brain-trust of multi-display gamers on the net.

if AMD/ATI/Dave is serious about OURfinity, they be having cards at your door as soon its off the factory.

Eyefinity is wsg for the masses.
I got it due to the 5800 series.

If they want people to use 3 screens or more and the makers of screens are wanting to sell 3 screens instead of one, they come up with some great designs.
I bet soon we will see bezel less or removeable bezels screens especially made for wsg gaming.
This will happen when amd becomes serious to support it from all angles.
That this forum dont have cards for testing shows me they are not serious.
That the makers of screens havent issued a press relase about bezel less screens shows they dont want to sell 2 more screens or more to the consumer which makes me wonder why they even make screens?

I would just like to see some innovation in this, bezel elss or removeable bezels, cant be that hard to do, then having even better support from amd and also the gamedevelopers who simply mostly suck at implementing widescreen gaming.
They cant be playing thier own games as its kinda better using 3 screens than 1?

If I made games, I made them for me, so I could game in triple or mutliple screens and I would make made sure some makers as samsung, benq etc..would produce some awesome screens to support a growing area of market.

THIS IS where ATI have failed where they had a featrue, NO ONE used making games which meant, why even put on a feature on a card and simply none would be using them?
tesselation or trueform for example?

There is an huge opportunity to make this a great deal, we got windows 7, we got hardware with dual and quadcores, we got mid range cards that is powerful enough for widescreen gaming out of the box.
The hardware and software supports a new market.

so AMD, dont screw this up as you have with for example,
best cpu in the world for 4 years, failure, native quadcore failure, failure to deliver hardware over and over again with huge promises, and none to deliver.
Nvidia is trying the same cocnept now with Fermi, failure to deliver hardware to the consumer.

I have yet to see a good presentation to present eyefinity and gaming and the videocards, as far, the commericals, sucks.
Best as far is actually Hardocp and Kyle.

Some guys that do good commericals are DICE.
someone from amd should get them to make some for eyefinity today.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 11:51 
Editors
Editors

Cool, btw Nvidia seems to be sooooo late ... :roll:

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 14:25 

a lot of assumptions here!

you won't get all what you said in the blink of an eye
give it time, the project was kept rather secret so...

plus it's not in everyone's budget to buy 3 screens (otherwise the most expensive screens would sell more than they do, while actually it's the cheapest that sell a lot)

and also what? you think AMD "failed to deliver powerful quadcores" on purpose ?
hahaha let me laugh the hardware market isn't that easy to apprehend, otherwise everyone in this market would make huge money, and we all know that's not the case ...

actually your whole post was laughable at best
sorry guy but that's the truth, think it over again and you might make something out of it :roll:

ho and also while you're at it, you might want to correct all your typing mistakes :wink:

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 17:24 

That this forum dont have cards for testing shows me they are not serious.

FYI - Ibrin has had a 5870 since before the launch. Last correspondance we had he appears to be close to publishing the review.

THIS IS where ATI have failed where they had a featrue, NO ONE used making games which meant, why even put on a feature on a card and simply none would be using them?

We've already seen examples where our involvement with developers has made a difference to Widescreen gaming, its a major focus for us, but these things take time.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 19:52 

Calm down Flopper, ati has not failed at all.

My XFX 5870 is am amazing card and the 5000 series overall is fantastic, although I did receive a defective 5970, but that is not atis fault. Yea, they have many things to iron out with eyefinity, but it is no easy task and it takes time to address all of the issues.

I have not been this impressed with a card or had this kind of stable gaming since my 9700pro! My 8800 ultras gave me nothing but issues and crashing and the problem with those was never resolved over the two years that I had them despite the multiple different drivers and hardware configurations that i tried. Also the two gtx285s that I owned were severe dissapointments in terms of performance at 2560x1600 and they had driver crashing issues as well.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2009, 19:52 

We've already seen examples where our involvement with developers has made a difference to Widescreen gaming, its a major focus for us, but these things take time.

This.

Things take time, and eyefinity isn't an exception. When a company like ATI does something, the monitor companies take notice, and with the greater spread of this technology around and more people doing it, we will see more and more monitors with thin bezels etc... till they have almost no bezel (probably not for a number of years), but you can be sure it will exist.

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 07:04 
Founder
Founder

[quote]That this forum dont have cards for testing shows me they are not serious.

FYI - Ibrin has had a 5870 since before the launch. Last correspondance we had he appears to be close to publishing the review.

I have had a card since before launch. My review has been delayed for a number of reasons. First, I had to get new monitors, so that I could have at least one with a DP connection. I chose to get three new monitors - Dell U2410s. It took a bit to make that decision, and then arrange the money (the WSGF doesn't make me near enough in a month to buy one new monitor, much less three).

Then, I fell ill with Viral Encephalitis at the beginning of October and damn near died. The docs then spent the next month treating me for the wrong complications. In October I spent three trips in the hospital, that totaled over two weeks. I spent much of the rest of the time in bed at home, due to debilitating headaches.

I finally got the proper diagnosis at the end of October, to find that I was suffering from Pseudo Tumor Cerebri (high spinal fluid pressure in the skull). My pressure was 3x the normal amount, and was causing major vision problems (which prevented me from doing much on the computer). Turns out I was somewhere between 2-6 weeks from waking up one morning completely blind. I have been on the mend for the last three weeks and my eyesight is much improved (though not perfect).

I have finally been able to unpack the monitors that have been sitting in my office for almost a month and set my the Radeon 5870 and do the benchmarks. There were some hurdles with getting the proper cables (DP is a relatively new technology with some learning). The benchmarks will be posted within the next 24 hours (hopefully the next few), and the full review that covers installation, the drivers, the Catalyst panel and EyeFinity itself will be up in a couple of days. Hopefully a video review will be up at the same time or soon after.

ATI has been supporting the WSGF, and we have been talking about the EyeFinity6 card and the 5970. The WSGF is making the proper connections within ATI (this is a new relationship), but life has gotten in the way...

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2009, 07:27 
Insiders
Insiders

Shiiite Ibrin, bad stuff. I am glad you came through OK and good luck in recovery. Just ask if I can do anything... not that helpful from NZ I guess ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next