Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 02:13 

I'm sure many people were expecting this to have above average support :(

By many I'm sure you mean everyone that read the list.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 03:27 

Might as well add borderlands to that list of Eyefinity Ready! Because the game supports the res but has horrible fov problems but hey it is playable and supports it right!!!!!

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 06:11 

By many I'm sure you mean everyone that read the list.

Me included :?.

I liked the first game and was hovering about whether or not to look up this one, but without Triplehead/Eyefinity support it's a definite no. Confirms my suspicion of ATI's '2010 Eyefinity' advertising, though :(.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 06:46 
Editors
Editors

I think there should be a better explaination about the criteria for Eyefinity ready and Eyefinity validated. The OP pictures are not what I would expect if a game was Eyefinity ready or validated.

Disappointing really.

OP, I see there are not a single picture in full screen. All of them are windowed. Could you provide one?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 08:13 
Insiders
Insiders

I'll just to the conclusion and say the people posting with the game have pirated it. Shame on them.

As for the support, I figured it would be exactly like ME1, as I posted before. :)

I'm not going to bash ATI, though, since they're the ones working with the developers on getting support in. You can't exactly blame them if the developer isn't delivering. As long as they're working with the developer and it's in the works for a future patch, then I don't mind.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 09:31 
Editors
Editors

As for the support, I figured it would be exactly like ME1, as I posted before. :)

I'm not going to bash ATI, though, since they're the ones working with the developers on getting support in. You can't exactly blame them if the developer isn't delivering. As long as they're working with the developer and it's in the works for a future patch, then I don't mind.

I don't think this is an ATI bash fest and people are happy that a GFX vendor makes such effort for TH gaming. You are also correct that future patches can solves things. We saw it already with Dragon age.

But I am sure that many of us wants Eyefinity support to mean something. If ME2 works exactly as ME1, how can people feel that Eyefinity support means anything?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 10:37 
Insiders
Insiders

It'd be comforting to know that they're at least working on it, because I pre-ordered ME2 on Steam because I saw it on the slide thingy >:-.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 13:11 

I'm glad that EF support is being worked on. I, for one, look forward to trying ME2 out on Tuesday.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 15:04 

I think there should be a better explaination about the criteria for Eyefinity ready and Eyefinity validated. The OP pictures are not what I would expect if a game was Eyefinity ready or validated.

In that condition it is neither.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 15:46 
Founder
Founder

I have to agree with everyone else as well. When I was given the slide, I believed it showed titles with EF support. I posted the list as such, and never received any correction on my post content. If the intent of the slide was to show the developers that ATI was working with, then I think the list would have been better served by logos of the developers - not the titles.

Everything in the 2009 side does have support (though DA:O does have its issues). I also believe that the OP (who hasn't posted here since) probably has a pirated version, and may not have final code. If BioWare doesn't come out with an EF patch somewhere around Day 0 or Day 1, then I would be inclined to pull the list.

Forum members purchased the game based on the fact I had posted that it had the support, and now that may not be the case. Puts me in a bad position of not being a trusted resource. Now, if the OP posted non-final code for his/her claim (and the claim was originally quite the flame-fest), then that puts everyone in a bad spot. Maybe I shouldn't have approved the post since the game isn't released.

There is still the possibility that BioWare did commit to including the proper support (they did overhaul much of the engine for the game), and either it wasn't included in this build or they backed away from that promise to make their street date. I've had plenty of times in my day job where people commit to doing something, and I only find out at the 11th hour that they either didn't do it, or it's of piss-poor quality.

Until the final game is released, we're not sure if "blame" is needed, or where it would be placed. Though, I do think I need a clearer understanding on the intent of the slide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next