Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:14

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 05:49 

Here is a link to my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubdS4-Mue2A

That sucks. I just tried to use profiles and it's completely screwed. They don't turn off like yours but the 3x1 is duplicate mode instead of eyefinity and when switching back to extended desktop (5x1) They are all in different order. i assume leave the screens in eyefinity 3x1 with two extended desktops till the problem is fixed. I feel your frustration, That's how my system acted with the 10.3b. Still don't understand how I'm good and now your not...

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 06:15 

[quote]Here is a link to my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubdS4-Mue2A

That sucks. I just tried to use profiles and it's completely screwed. They don't turn off like yours but the 3x1 is duplicate mode instead of eyefinity and when switching back to extended desktop (5x1) They are all in different order. i assume leave the screens in eyefinity 3x1 with two extended desktops till the problem is fixed. I feel your frustration, That's how my system acted with the 10.3b. Still don't understand how I'm good and now your not...

No I can't stand to run in Eyefinity the whole time. For some reason the drivers are not uninstalling all the way. I even used driver sweeper and installed back to 10.3 but the same thing is happening now. I am tired of this crap. I know what I am going to do.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 17:07 

Below are the list of reasons why I beleive CCC drivers are not uninstalling correctly.

Screens go black and don't come back on during uninstall.
After reinstalling drivers CCC remembers my screen layout and configuration.
After reinstalling drivers setting up profiles auto fills the rest of the information after I fill out the profile name. Profile description auto fills, all CCC settings gets selected, and shortcut gets selected.
After reinstalling drivers overwriting settings does not actually work even though it asks to overwrite and I select yes. Once I use the new shortcut settings it reverts back to the broken layout.
After reinstalling drivers it would remember old profile hot keys that I had made for fan settings, I had deleted these but for some reason they were still working with the hot keys.

Reformatted and now everything is working correctly with 10.4

It is a shame what I have had to go through just to get things to work. It is obvious the drivers are not uninstalling correctly. Why do they not include everything to be uninstalled. Do we need to uninstall? What is the proper way from ATI to install new drivers. I hear a lot of mixed results and would like to hear from ATI on how they do this during testing. Possibly get the correct method of installing new drivers stickied.

Some people say they use driver sweeper, others say that is not needed with ATI drivers and they are designed to work that way. That does not make sense considering the amount of info driver sweeper finds. There is possibly more info that driver sweeper is not finding. Some people assume this is ok, but the way I see it this is a problem. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that ATI drivers are designed to be uninstalled with the driver file then just install new drivers. So even if ATI says that is how the drivers are designed to work I think it is a problem with the way windows is designed to work. If windows finds any bits of old drivers it will prolly cling to it. And I think this is causing a lot of issues.

It is a driver, it should just work, should just be able to uninstall then reinstall. And as you have been able to see from my video, and my video from 10.3 there seems to be some issues related to this. I have heard other people talking about the same problems now.

So what is the proper way to install new ATI drivers, because it seems like any method I use results in issues. I would really like to hear back from an ATI rep with an honest opinion and step by step instructions on how they deal with installing new drivers in the labs.

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 00:02 

Are your profiles working as well?

Below are the list of reasons why I beleive CCC drivers are not uninstalling correctly.

After reinstalling drivers setting up profiles auto fills the rest of the information after I fill out the profile name. Profile description auto fills, all CCC settings gets selected, and shortcut gets selected.
After reinstalling drivers overwriting settings does not actually work even though it asks to overwrite and I select yes. Once I use the new shortcut settings it reverts back to the broken layout.
After reinstalling drivers it would remember old profile hot keys that I had made for fan settings, I had deleted these but for some reason they were still working with the hot keys.

It is a shame what I have had to go through just to get things to work. It is obvious the drivers are not uninstalling correctly. Why do they not include everything to be uninstalled. Do we need to uninstall? What is the proper way from ATI to install new drivers. I hear a lot of mixed results and would like to hear from ATI on how they do this during testing. Possibly get the correct method of installing new drivers stickied.

Some people say they use driver sweeper, others say that is not needed with ATI drivers and they are designed to work that way. That does not make sense considering the amount of info driver sweeper finds. There is possibly more info that driver sweeper is not finding. Some people assume this is ok, but the way I see it this is a problem. I thought I read somewhere on this forum that ATI drivers are designed to be uninstalled with the driver file then just install new drivers. So even if ATI says that is how the drivers are designed to work I think it is a problem with the way windows is designed to work. If windows finds any bits of old drivers it will prolly cling to it. And I think this is causing a lot of issues.

It is a driver, it should just work, should just be able to uninstall then reinstall. And as you have been able to see from my video, and my video from 10.3 there seems to be some issues related to this. I have heard other people talking about the same problems now.

So what is the proper way to install new ATI drivers, because it seems like any method I use results in issues. I would really like to hear back from an ATI rep with an honest opinion and step by step instructions on how they deal with installing new drivers in the labs.

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 00:07 

Yea profiles are working now after reformatting. I have had one of my monitors shut off like 3 times today though. So no idea why that is happening.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 13:46 

I am also having an issue after updating to the 10.4 drivers. My DisplayPort monitor just turns off after a while. I have to disconnect the video cable and plug it back in to get it to work. I am going to revert back to 10.3b.

Same (sort of) problem here. After correctly uninstalling 10.3b, running driver cleaner, and installing 10.4 i got blinking issues on my mini DP - DVI connected display.. never had them before with 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and the forementioned 10.3b.

Did have them before with my Apple DP-DVI active adapter and DP-VGA passive, but bought the ACCEL mini-DP DVI active one, works like a charm..

Reverted back to 10.3b -> problems gone!

Shame, 10.4 had the 2D acceleration right, very noticable in DIRT 2 Intro.. Everything went very speedy. Back to choppy video's then..
Is this a specific driver problem?? Or should i flash the 5970 bios for more DP voltage?? (rather not)..

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 14:40 

[quote]I am also having an issue after updating to the 10.4 drivers. My DisplayPort monitor just turns off after a while. I have to disconnect the video cable and plug it back in to get it to work. I am going to revert back to 10.3b.

Same (sort of) problem here. After correctly uninstalling 10.3b, running driver cleaner, and installing 10.4 i got blinking issues on my mini DP - DVI connected display.. never had them before with 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 and the forementioned 10.3b.

Did have them before with my Apple DP-DVI active adapter and DP-VGA passive, but bought the ACCEL mini-DP DVI active one, works like a charm..

Reverted back to 10.3b -> problems gone!

Shame, 10.4 had the 2D acceleration right, very noticable in DIRT 2 Intro.. Everything went very speedy. Back to choppy video's then..
Is this a specific driver problem?? Or should i flash the 5970 bios for more DP voltage?? (rather not)..

From what I can see it is driver related. I did not have these problems with previous drivers. To bad we can't get word around here from Dave. Be nice to know if they are aware of the issue and or going to release a hotfix.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 16:08 

I is indeed really scary to see that when i do a complete uninstall, including drivercleaner, CCC keeps remembering my last Eyefinity setup.
it is not appearing as a profile anymore, but it is the first screen setup i get..

I will try to recover a previous image of win 7 (which does not contain the ATI driver) and do a clean install of 10.4 WHQL see if the problem persists. Then at least i know if it is specific this driver or some artifacts from the old driver which are acting up..

And, please Dave, what is your vision about this??

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 16:14 
Editors
Editors

@johnnyvd:

In your C:Usersyourusername there is a hidden folder called appdata. If you cannot see it, you can go into folder options and activate "show hidden files and folders". Within that folder, go to localatiace . This is where CCC stores the settings. Delete profiles.xml (or move it to another location) and open CCC. If you make any changes in CCC, a new profile will be created automatically. See if your Eyefinity settings are gone if you remove the profile.

PostPosted: 02 May 2010, 17:05 

@johnnyvd:

In your C:Usersyourusername there is a hidden folder called appdata. If you cannot see it, you can go into folder options and activate "show hidden files and folders". Within that folder, go to localatiace . This is where CCC stores the settings. Delete profiles.xml (or move it to another location) and open CCC. If you make any changes in CCC, a new profile will be created automatically. See if your Eyefinity settings are gone if you remove the profile.

Or when you uninstall the driver it would be nice if the uninstall process got rid of that. It is obvious the uninstall process is bunk.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next