Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: F1 2010
PostPosted: 02 Oct 2010, 09:59 

CodeMasters have released a thread addressing the issues concerning AI behavior and timing:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/433396-ai-issues-response.html

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2010, 14:19 
Editors
Editors

Hm. Guess we'll see when the patch arrives.

In the mean time, Grand Prix 4 works in widescreen with a .cfg edit, so I'm happy. ;)

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 00:30 
Administrators
Administrators

The more I play F1 2010, the less I enjoy it. Fun for an arcade racer, but is it like taking part in a real grand prix? Not likely.

A grand prix never turns out the way you would expect. I would expect that in the Lotus, we'd all be fighting for those last 6 positions on the grid and hopefully someone will have a bad race and we can finish higher. Instead, it's a lottery with the AI. In my championship at the moment on the highest difficulty and realism, Buemi is almost leading the championship somehow. You can be battling with a pack of cars, take a normal pit stop without getting held up by the stupid pit lane bug, put in some super quick laps on fresh tires hoping to jump the cars ahead, and then never see those cars you were fighting with again, who end up finishing so far ahead you question if they even stopped, while cars you would expect to be leading the race end up stuck somewhere on the track for no apparent reason.

The more I play it, the more I regret buying it. I can see the trend that people enjoy winning in a Lotus and feeling all awesome about it, but I'm disappointed in it.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2010, 11:17 
Editors
Editors

Codemasters showed they could do arcade racers well with GRID. Since then, they haven't tried to deviate from that formula. DiRT2 is just as bad...

I found an F1 mod for GTR Evo yesterday, but need to sign up to another forum before I can download it. :/

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 15:19 
Insiders
Insiders

I found the NTHUSIAM Booth running This game on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPamew81vU8

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 17:28 
Editors
Editors

Patch is out: http://www.gamershell.com/download_65588.shtml

Changelog: http://www.gamershell.com/infosheets/789268.html

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 20:30 

Hi there all,

Got in from work this evening to boot my rig up for a bit of F1 action, to see that windows live suggested i downloaded the long awaited 'patch' from codemasters.
I have been keen to get this update, as the PC specific updates seemed to fit the bill as far as sorting out some of the issues I have complained about already on this forum about this game...
The patch must be a joke patch or something as the game has gone backwards, with regards to the PC specific problems, and i quote:

These are the PC specific updates:
1. PC ‘replay saving’ and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.
Not sure about this as I haven't been bothered to test this yet.
2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, “ultra” settings for ’shadows’ and ‘postprocess’. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.
Same as above
3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)
It supported 3x1 screens in eyefinity already. Now their 'update' has removed eyefinity from everything apart from the racing - what is the point in that? It totally takes away from the point of eyefinity
4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.
I seriously doubt this, i have an 8 core processor and this game is running far slower than it was before the update.
5. Additional Support – Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available ‘modern’ processors, like Core i7, which wasn’t correctly detected previously.
Same as above.

FPS running eyefinity is down in the menu's from 120 to 60.
FPS running eyefinity in the game or races is down from a stable 55-60FPS to 25-30.

I've tried running this with 1x 5970 GB with ai catalyst on and off and also with both 5970's i have (So in CrossfireX / Quadfire) and it is even worse than my previous posts.
It won't even load the game with the two 5970's in the PC.

I would post this on the Codemasters forums, but they are down at the moment too! :evil:

This is really beyond a joke and quite frankly ridiculous.
If I've done something wrong I apologise, but I am running all the latest drivers and CCC 10.10c
Is anyone else experiencing the same problems with my hardware? If not, please let me know what you are doing... All I want to know is how to play this game in eyefinity in the highest possible settings!!!!!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 21:39 
Administrators
Administrators

"Added support for AMD Eyefinity / Nvidia surround multiple monitor modes" - Interesting, worked pretty well for me straight out of the box before this. All the other fixes should be interesting.

"Corrected an issue where pit engineer would fail to remind you to pit on mandatory pit stop races" - Oh no, I had the opposite problem where the pit engineer would constantly remind you to pit even after you had! :nudgenudge

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 01:39 

Nvidia surround is screwed with the new patch. Everything is zoomed in!

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 14:37 
Editors
Editors

I have yet to try the patch yet - I haven't loaded the game for a couple of weeks - and I think I'll wait a bit longer!

I had such high hopes for this patch :( If anyone else has already updated and tried Surround/EyeFinity/TH with it, please do post your before and after impressions! Screenshots are appreciated!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next