Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 06:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 23:28 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Has anyone tried:
2 x DVI to DVI-in on 2 monitors
1 x DP {passive DP to HDMI converter} to HDMI-in on Monitor?

no. dont have a new enough moniter with HDMI , i have tried 2 x dvi and hdmi , but thats not an allowed combo as per the eyefinity doc.
Hang on_

Did you try the DP port to an HDMI adaptor? What I mean is use the 2 DVI slots and the DP port to an DP to HDMI adapter (then an HDMI to DVI adaptor as well if you need it!)

I mean it is a total left field try, but if you have (or can beg/borrow/steal) a DP to HDMI adaptor would that work? Or is it the same boat as DP to DVI (passive) adaptor?

I realise you HAVE to use the DP port if you want 3 screens, it is just a case of an ACTIVE DP to DVI adaptor or ?what? type of DP to HDMI adaptor

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 23:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Are the even ACTIVE DP to HDMI adaptors about, my google-fu is weak if there is, I cannot find one :(

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 23:36 

nope i didnt try that, i do have hdmi via TV , but dont have DP to HDMI dongle thingy

be very interesting to know if it works, but suspect a lot of us having problems are still on dvi monitors , however i could source HDMI monitor much easier than a display port one

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 23:45 
Insiders
Insiders

nope i didnt try that, i do have hdmi via TV , but dont have DP to HDMI dongle thingy

be very interesting to know if it works, but suspect a lot of us having problems are still on dvi monitors , however i could source HDMI monitor much easier than a display port one

Or one of the cheap/free with GPUs HDMI to DVI adaptr, I have one in my centre monitor from an HDMI switch.. the HDMI switch has the HDMI from my PS3, XBox and (via ANOTHER adaptor!) the centre DVI cable from my TH2Go :)

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2009, 23:56 

I really don't think that will work. I am pretty much positive the DisplayPort on the 5800 series ATI must handshake to a genuine DisplayPort device. A guy on the members iRacing forums posted that ATI said that it will work with a ACTIVE adapter to use eyefinity enhancements. Since it appears the true active adapters had DisplayPort technology built into them. Note: these are around $100 USD.

The good news is DisplayPort is a open royalty free standard and it appears this is where the market is going. royalty free means more competition and could be adopted quickly because of this.

I really hope to see a working adapter list soon. I am pretty sure the Dell and the Accell UltraAV DisplayPort will work, but I do not have the means to get the card and a adapter to try right now. I'm sorry.

- Jay

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 00:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Yeah I wasn't holding out much hope, but it was worth a try (if some one had an adaptor lying about!)

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 00:15 

A guy on the members iRacing forums posted that ATI said that it will work with a ACTIVE adapter to use eyefinity enhancements. Since it appears the true active adapters had DisplayPort technology built into them. Note: these are around $100 USD.

- Jay

this is the best news ive heard so far!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 00:38 

[quote]

A guy on the members iRacing forums posted that ATI said that it will work with a ACTIVE adapter to use eyefinity enhancements. Since it appears the true active adapters had DisplayPort technology built into them. Note: these are around $100 USD.

- Jay

And here's the pic.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/Wheelerdealers/TripleHDTV-cables.jpg

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 01:13 

[quote][quote]

- Jay

And here's the pic.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/Wheelerdealers/TripleHDTV-cables.jpg

Excellent work guys. I think we can be nearly positive

This Adapter:
http://sewelldirect.com/Accell-UltraAV-DisplayPort-DVI-D-Dual-Link-Adapter-10.asp

And this one:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Cables/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=330-5521

..will work.

Are their any others i wonder? Bizlink makes adapters that are badged by other companys according this the email from them:

Jay,

You can order the product at the below U.S. reseller. Accell is our retail brand.

LINK:

http://sewelldirect.com/Accell-UltraAV-DisplayPort-DVI-D-Dual-Link-Adapter-10.asp
Anders

- Hide quoted text -
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link Adapter

Where could a DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link Adapter be purchased? This is the USB powered one and i featured on your website. I can't find an online distributor. Please help!

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2009, 01:41 
Editors
Editors

I guess the $100 adapter is atleast an option for those with existing screens, for those buying I would probably try to find a native DP monitor.

Now the question is for the 6x DP card will you need active adapters? or will it be setup so that a passive will work as obviously passive works on the current card just that its not internally configured to work once you have the 3rd monitor. If they divide out the "pipelines" i'll call them correctly it should work with a passive adapter I think.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 72  Next