Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 09:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 03:34 

cool, keep us updated ... thanks

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 06:07 
Editors
Editors

I was told at the launch event that XP was supported and included that in my report (which has now been edited). Looks like I passed on bum information...sorry about that. :(

1. You need ACTIVE DP->DVI adapter which costs $100 (still waiting on confirmation from someone who actually tried this)

I saw this working at the launch event, but of course now I'm considering most of what I saw there as "non-definitive". The event itself was poorly coordinated, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the product launch is going the same way.

:evil: ATI

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 06:31 

I was told at the launch event that XP was supported and included that in my report (which has now been edited). Looks like I passed on bum information...sorry about that. :(

:evil: ATI

You jack arse... made me wasted so many hours...

Just kidding. I"m grateful for your early info.

I guess I'll start to back up my drive and install Vista 64bit and try to get EyeFinity working.

I'm just wondering.. I'm gonna to do a test. my system do detected all 3montors with a DP/DVI/DVI but the dp have a DP->dvi passive converter.

and I can view video through the passive adapter.. so why can't I run triplehead? ohh well going to installl vista first and try it without the native DP screen and see what happens

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 06:48 

MSI posted what is supposed to be their 5870 - 8.66RC7 for XP. Don't know if Eyefinity is supported. Not sure if I can post a link since I'm new but here goes -- http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=130&prod_no=1908

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 08:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Pretty surprising they don't allow DVI pass-through over the DP ports.. most video cards have HDMI pass-through over DVI ports, though then again that might be because HDMI video = DVI?

Guess it means it's time to buy new monitors with DP.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 08:56 

MSI posted what is supposed to be their 5870 - 8.66RC7 for XP. Don't know if Eyefinity is supported. Not sure if I can post a link since I'm new but here goes -- http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=130&prod_no=1908

darnit.. I wish I saw this post before I formated my drive..

in the process of installing 64 bit Windows 7 now..

anyone know how it performas with 32 bit dx9 games?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 09:05 

I though I read somewhere that

passive DP-> dvi can only go up to 1920x1200

and anything beyond that u need active adapter..

maybe they mention that u need active because people run them in higher resolution?

ohh well we will see in two hours when I finish my win7 installation.

damn another long night fudging with the 5870... it's 4 am now here

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 09:18 

I though I read somewhere that

maybe they mention that u need active because people run them in higher resolution?

yeah geniv2 man let us know asap, im eager for the results and u do have a native dp monitor lol actually the same monitor im going with if this active DP > DVI adapter doesnt work, my last resort.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 10:14 
Insiders
Insiders

I have seen the '1920x1080 or less is OK for passive adaptor' around the threads many many times. However I have yet to see some one with that actually working. I think that is rubbish. From what I have read of what the limitation is it is nothing to do with bandwidth but the (non existent in the DP out) timing signal, which an active adaptor adds into the mix going to your DVI.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2009, 10:15 

[quote]I though I read somewhere that

yeah geniv2 man let us know asap, im eager for the results and u do have a native dp monitor lol actually the same monitor im going with if this active DP > DVI adapter doesnt work, my last resort.

OK, just finish installing Win7 and got the drivers in

IT DOES WORK! at least with the DP monitor (dell 2408wfp)
it automatically went to triple display when I restarted

I tried taking it out the DP monitor and using a passive DP-> DVI and it doesn't work. (only 2monitor) . so it seems like you definitely need a active DP adapater :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 72  Next