Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Aug 2024, 00:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 22:26 

it's no secret, the drivers are flaky, at best, with crossfire. too many reports which lack consistency to replicate any situation with confidence. can't replicate, can't solve.

i'm not happy, just not as 'vocal' (rude) as 'some' (3 guesses)

i'll speak with my wallet. waiting for one more driver and then putting the second 5870 on ebay. lesson learned.

Yea I went back to 10.1 again then the 10.2 beta because I can't stand the switching profiles problem. But now I have a blob on my DVI Main monitor for a cursor this is ridiculous. I honestly don't understand why they have yet to release a bug free driver. I have never experienced anything like this before. How long does everyone think it will take to get a driver that works how it should. I am going to wait for one more driver as well. If it don't work then I am going to sell my card as well.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2010, 23:20 

Hi m8ys

Dont know if this will be of help to anyone having problems with 5870 or 5890 in xfrie mode:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=293467

Bowenac when you used the 10.2 driver did you use driver sweeper to wipe drivers completly and do a fresh install if you didnt would recommend it as a clean install of the drivers worked for me on 10.2

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 00:21 

Hi m8ys

Dont know if this will be of help to anyone having problems with 5870 or 5890 in xfrie mode:

Bowenac when you used the 10.2 driver did you use driver sweeper to wipe drivers completly and do a fresh install if you didnt would recommend it as a clean install of the drivers worked for me on 10.2

Thanks, I'll give it a look. Have you tested this with EyeFinity configurations?

...and just to be clairfy my above comments, when using just one card, I am very happy. I can live with some 'glitches', but maybe becuase I have been relatively lucky. I have no flicker if I disable overdrive nor any of the other problems many have reported. However, that is not what I paid for and watching my frame rates dive or stay flat with a second 'best card ever' installed, is fairly frustrating to say the least.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 00:33 

Hi m8ys

Yes I did didn't make a difference.

Although it has been said it is not needed I did it anyway. And the funny thing is it was in fact needed because it found a bunch of ATI stuff. So the reference that someone had shown me from a ATI rep or developer for the CCC mentioned it was not needed that CCC takes care of that. This was posted on Twitter somewhere. I find this hilarious because it obviously is needed if Driver Sweeper is picking things up. After I did it I booted back in safe mode and ran it a second time just to check and it was all gone.

So yes I did and this driver still BLOWS. Too many problems but hey I just have to deal with it because I LOVE BEING A BETA TESTER. I have came to believe we will not be seeing a proper driver for a long time. This shows me that they do not do any regression testing at all because while they fix one thing they reproduce another. One step, two step. Meaning one step forward two steps back. Again I will wait for one more driver then I am done. It should not have even taken this long. What these cards came out in Sept and it is now Feb and we still don't have a proper driver.

Any news on the next driver? Will it fix anything or will it simply be the same driver just with an edited version number.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 01:18 
Founder
Founder

on contraire mon fraire..

Catalyst 10.1 Offers Proper "Intermediate Resolutions"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6