Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 10.3 beta drivers
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 17:34 

I am running a 5970 in eyefinity with three dell 2007fps with a dual boot of Vista64 on one hard drive and Windows 7 on another hard drive.

I installed the 10.3 preview drivers on my Windows 7 partition and it completely borked my computer. Everytime it boots in W7 all three of my monitors go black and I can hear the sounds of windows starting, opening etc, but I have no visual.

I am typing this with my vista boot, so what is the best way to remove the new drivers for my W7 partition because I cannot see anything on the black screens and cannot do it the traditional add/remove programs way? I can boot in safemode but it wont allow me to run the install/uninstall feature of the 10.3s in safe mode.

Thanks for any help!

Can you uninstall them from device manager. I would not use the CCC uninstall does not seem to do very well anyways. Go into device manager and do it from there. You might also be able to do it from control panel. Once you do that see if you can boot into normal mode.

Can you try to install another driver on top maybe.

I am sure there are many different ways you can do this.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 19:45 

[quote]I am running a 5970 in eyefinity with three dell 2007fps with a dual boot of Vista64 on one hard drive and Windows 7 on another hard drive.

I installed the 10.3 preview drivers on my Windows 7 partition and it completely borked my computer. Everytime it boots in W7 all three of my monitors go black and I can hear the sounds of windows starting, opening etc, but I have no visual.

I am typing this with my vista boot, so what is the best way to remove the new drivers for my W7 partition because I cannot see anything on the black screens and cannot do it the traditional add/remove programs way? I can boot in safemode but it wont allow me to run the install/uninstall feature of the 10.3s in safe mode.

Thanks for any help!

Can you uninstall them from device manager. I would not use the CCC uninstall does not seem to do very well anyways. Go into device manager and do it from there. You might also be able to do it from control panel. Once you do that see if you can boot into normal mode.

Can you try to install another driver on top maybe.

I am sure there are many different ways you can do this.

I have tried this with the same result, i actually tried to delete every ATI*.* file from System 32 and then install the drivers, but i got a BSOD...

After doing a System Restore and installing 10.1, everything works fine again. :(, really hoping they get this sorted before actual release.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 00:25 

I am running a 5970 in eyefinity with three dell 2007fps with a dual boot of Vista64 on one hard drive and Windows 7 on another hard drive.

Thanks for any help!

Do you have an old video card laying around? If you take out your 5970 and put in an old card, it should reset your graphics settings. Then you can unintall the drivers and use a driver cleaner.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 04:13 

Thanks for any help!

The exact same thing happened to me as well. But all is good with 10.3. I did what they said to do on page 2 of this thread. I'm using Win7 64bit with a Sapphire 5970. I thought I messed up the video card when that happened. I did what they said to do on page 2. But it only partially worked. I ended up with only 1 DVI port working on my video card. Anyways, here's what I did. Unplug all your monitors and only use 1 monitor. (I'm using 3 Acer H243H, with the DVI ports and the Apple Mini DP to Dual-Link DVI Adapter.) Try each port until you can get one monitor to work. If one monitor does not work. Then boot to safe mode. Go to device manager and uninstall each driver for each 5970 listed there (there should be two listed, 1 for each core). Then shut down computer. (I always shut down completely, never reboot because the DP to DVI monitor looses resolution/identity.) Boot back up to Win7 with only 1 monitor. Now try to uninstall 10.3. (I used CCC installer to do this.)

Make sure you have Driver Sweeper downloaded and installed as well. Once 10.3 is uninstalled (do not reboot), I went into Device Manager and uninstalled both 5970 drivers again. Instead of rebooting, I shut down the computer. Start it back up in safe mode. Once in safe mode, I used Driver Sweeper to uninstall the ATI drivers. After that I shut down. Boot back into safe mode again. Uninstall 5970 drivers again from both listed under Device manager. Try to use Driver Sweeper again (mine found ATI drivers). Go to Windows/sys32 folder and delete all the ati"*." Then shut down. Boot again back to Safe Mode. Make sure Driver Sweeper does not detect any ATI drivers. Make sure Device manager drivers are uninstalled for 5970. Make sure no ati"." files are in the system 32 folder. If all is clear, now you can shut down.

Boot into windows 7 with one monitor. Make sure everything is good. You may have a generic monitor listed. That's okay. Now if you are feeling lucky, install 10.3. Or wait for official release. I went back to 10.3 because I like a challenge. I installed 10.3 but did not reboot. I did a shut down. I plugged up all 3 monitors, then boot to win 7. Now if 1 monitor (the mini DP one) has the resolution mixed up (maybe 640x480), I just unplugged it from the video card and back in while the computer is up and running. This let it find the correct monitor and set the resolution correctly. Now you can do your groups (right click, screen res, etc, etc). After all 3 monitors are good to go, now try CCC and group them there. If at any time the DP monitor looses resolution, unplug it and plug it back in. It'll find it and put back in the correct monitor. You'll do your bezel adjustments. And all should be well after that.

So far Company of Heroes, L4D 2, N4S Shift, Vegas 2 (with modified exe file), Wings of Prey, STO, WOW, and Dirt 2 works with the bezel compensation. I always have to shut down. I cannot reboot, because I'll loose the monitor driver for the one plugged into the mini-DP port on the 5970.

Anyways, hope this helps. It seems like a lot, but I had to do it many times just to clear out the ati drivers. If you have no screen under win 7, just push your start button on your keyboard, right arrow, then enter. It'll shut down.

Let us know if it works out for ya.
(oh, my first post!)

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 04:39 

Oh, a side note about unplugging the dp monitor. When I lost resolution in that monitor, I had to physically unplug the mini-dp plug from the video card. Turning on/off the monitor did not work. You may have to do this 1 or 2 times while setting up a group. After, that, all should be good.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 05:05 

I successfully have 10.3 + bezel management working with my two Dell 2408s and a U2410.

I d/l the 10.3 beta and the 10.2 profiles.
Next I uninstalled the 10.2 in add/remove using catalyst uninstall
In safe mode I removed everything ATI from x86 program files
I then ran drivercleaner.net for ATI/ATI CCC/Uninstall mgr/install mgr/ and Hydravision.
Restart
loaded 10.3 beta + profiles
set up my eyefinity group and before that was even finished a screen came up asking if I wanted to correct for bezel width.

Simple and painless
The bezel management is the schizzle.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 22:02 

Well been so excited about BM, then I installed the new drivers, all went well till the BM part when CCC tells me that I have a problem with DP screen or cable not be able to support resolution or timings. Strange thing is all looks good on desktop with things lining up how they should. Gaming is a different matter can only use 5000x900 not 6048x1080 offered or all I get is CTD's.

So reduced res but BM or full res and no BM.

Dice

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6