Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 22:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 14:20 

the 10.5 drivers do seem to help a lot on some games, all source, l4d2 is now using crossfire and eyefinity ok. but bc2 still broken,
Also the 10.5 drivers have broken vsync which no longer works, even with d3doverrider.

This is the last straw. i dont care if i get 150fps. its not nearly as smooth as 60fps with vsync. so i'm waiting another few days for ati support to get back to me with a fix or i'm binning my 2 5970's and 2 5870's and going to nvidia and staying away from ati. I am so sick of spending more time trying to get ati cards to work then actually playing

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 14:56 

the 10.5 drivers do seem to help a lot on some games, all source, l4d2 is now using crossfire and eyefinity ok. but bc2 still broken,
Also the 10.5 drivers have broken vsync which no longer works, even with d3doverrider.

This is the last straw. i dont care if i get 150fps. its not nearly as smooth as 60fps with vsync. so i'm waiting another few days for ati support to get back to me with a fix or i'm binning my 2 5970's and 2 5870's and going to nvidia and staying away from ati. I am so sick of spending more time trying to get ati cards to work then actually playing

I understand your frustration... but hopefully you don't get banned for mentioning your going to go to Nvidia. For some reason they don't like it when people say that here.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 17:17 
Editors
Editors

I understand your frustration... but hopefully you don't get banned for mentioning your going to go to Nvidia. For some reason they don't like it when people say that here.

Nobody has been banned or even considered banned for mentioning going to Nvidia. Heck, Paddy and scavvenjahh are using Nvidia cards themselves with TH and Ibrin did so earlier. Since you came here on WSGF, you have been lashing out at reps, mods, WSGF and members and its that which gives you warnings from several mods and even Ibrin.

What did you wish to accomplish by the post you just made here? It looks just like a troll post designed to stir anger.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 00:09 

[quote]

Nobody has been banned or even considered banned for mentioning going to Nvidia. Heck, Paddy and scavvenjahh are using Nvidia cards themselves with TH and Ibrin did so earlier. Since you came here on WSGF, you have been lashing out at reps, mods, WSGF and members and its that which gives you warnings from several mods and even Ibrin.

What did you wish to accomplish by the post you just made here? It looks just like a troll post designed to stir anger.

I was simply trying to warn him, and yes I got banned for 2 weeks for giving my opinion on ATI drivers and stating I was going to go back to Nvidia, and that is all I said. Again I don't see anything wrong with my above post, if you have a problem with it you could have handled it like a mature adult and PM'd me. What did you wish to accomplish with your post to me? Looks like a troll post from you as well, everything you said about me is a lie. I have not make any lashing's at anyone on this forum.

Here is another thread from another forum where someone is having issues with 5970's in Eyefinity. Sucks because ATI is acting like there are not aware of this issue haha. Obviously they should be well aware of it if they did any testing at all. They asked him to provide them with other users who exp the same problem.

Here have a read.
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=397468&mpage=1#400200

I even advertised this forum, not something a troll would do obviously.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 01:51 
Editors
Editors

[quote][quote]

I was simply trying to warn him, and yes I got banned for 2 weeks for giving my opinion on ATI drivers and stating I was going to go back to Nvidia, and that is all I said. Again I don't see anything wrong with my above post, if you have a problem with it you could have handled it like a mature adult and PM'd me. What did you wish to accomplish with your post to me? Looks like a troll post from you as well, everything you said about me is a lie. I have not make any lashing's at anyone on this forum.

Here is another thread from another forum where someone is having issues with 5970's in Eyefinity. Sucks because ATI is acting like there are not aware of this issue haha. Obviously they should be well aware of it if they did any testing at all. They asked him to provide them with other users who exp the same problem.

Here have a read.
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=397468&mpage=1#400200

I even advertised this forum, not something a troll would do obviously.

You didn't get banned for 1 week (not 2) due to your opinion on ATI drivers or stating that you would go back to Nvidia (do you really think that anyone here cares what hardware you buy?). You got a week cool-off for the manners of your posting. Same goes for every warning Ibrin, me and other mods have given you.

Claiming that its because of your hardware preferences or driver preferences is bullshit and I really don't wish to spend more time on you regarding this.

"Warning" CoolMan=GCHQ= that there will be banning if he says he wants to go back to Nvidia is nothing but trolling and a direct attack towards WSGF.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 03:11 
Founder
Founder

Bowenac, you insinuation that people get banned for preferring NVIDIA is insulting and misinformed. As Tamlin mentioned, Paddy has always been an NVIDIA user and he's the only person I know to consistently have Quad-SLI of the latest cards. NVIDIA supplied me with my 7500 GX2 and my 9800 GX2, and I bought my own GTX 495.

We have often said that NVIDIA had better drivers. From early on NV offered aspect scaling on their notebook drivers, where ATI did not. The forum actually always recommended an NV mobile GPU for this reason. We often recommended the same thing for desktops, unless the users monitor had aspect scaling.

For a number of years the WSGF promoted the NVIDIA XHD branding in many areas on the site. There was an entry in the left nav:

The MGL had a column for "Max XHD Res". These were in the days when not every game supported 2560x1600. And, we tagged MGL game entries with three different XHD res categories. However, as NVIDIA dropped the initiative, we dropped it here as well. In fact, we actually kept it up for several years beyond their support (notice their site only lists up to 7-series cards).

But, you wouldn't know any of this, as you've only been a member for about six months. The reality (whether you can recognize it or not) is that you took a public shot at the WSGF, the Mods and me in particular (as the owner of the WSGF and the person who pics and directs the Mods). You take a shot like that publicly, then you can expect to have it addressed publicly.

Anyone who takes shots like this at me, my Mods or the WSGF can expect to be dressed down in the same manner. And, they expect to be banned at some point.

I'm not sure if you meant the line as a joke, then you should have tried to indicate it at that point. Even if that is the case, it would still a joke in bad taste.

This is all I'm going to say about this. All that needs to be said, has been said more than once.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 03:25 
Founder
Founder

Back on topic. ATI has acknowledged that there were CFX issues with Eyefinity. It took until Catalyst 10.2 to even get CFX and Eyefinity to work together. The 10.2 support was for "simple" CFX, and not Tri-Fire or Quad-Fire. I know that ATI is aware and working on it.

With regards to the low scaling, is there a possibility that 3x1 is CPU limited beyond CFX? You may really need a 3x2 or 5x1 (when available) setup to utilize the power of three or four GPUs. In my review of the Eyefinity6 I found that the E6 CFX scaled about 40% - 60% moving from 1GPU to 2GPUs on 3x1. I would expect doubling the GPUs again to produce diminishing returns.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010, 13:52 

Thanks for the heads up.

If it's any consolation, Cat 10.4 & 10.5 WHQL gave performance similar to that of a single 5970 in Eyefinity. Much better than the slideshow in pre Cat 10.3 drivers.

However, it introduced the blinking DP issue. FRUSTRATING.

Back to 10.3s.

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z : i7 2600K @ 4.6 : G Skill DDR3 12800 RipJaws 16Gb : 2 x Vertex 3 120Gb : 4 x Seagate Barracuda XT 2Tb : Galaxy GTX 480 Tri SLI : SilverStone Stider ST1500 : Corsair Obsidian 800D : 3 x Dell U2711 : Windows 7 Ultimate x64 : Koolance WC CPU/GPU

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2010, 12:29 

sorry to bump and old thread but I am considering picking up another 5970 since the prices are dropping due to the 6xxx cards being released. Im wondering if the scaling has increased any now that we are on ccc10.11 and if i should expect a big enough performance increase to make it viable. most games play well enough with 1 card 80% of the time for me but that 20% is very annoying lol. Its when the framerates dip and i get the stuttering when i pan the camera in certain points of games. I play WoW most of the time so im looking for the best performance possible in it. I am looking to get the frame rate cap 99% of the time, like it is when i switch to a single monitor. Is that even possible at this point with the current cards and eyefinity resolution? thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6