Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 22:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2013, 09:19 

oliverm3 wrote:
The Christmas tree foot pedal makes it quick though.

:lol: :onethumb:

[little off topic] BTW, i irregularly have "screen drops" / black screen on dp monitor for 1 to 2 seconds on my 6970 eyefinity setup with 2x mini dp to dp monitors + 1 dvi... without any mst hub :problem:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2013, 03:12 

Hi forum, I just bought a mst Hub recently and i have been experiancing simular issues, I use 3 Dell u2311h with native DP connections, could only get 2 monitors to run 1080p, the 3rd only ran 640x480 res. I get lots of Link failure messages. Screen blacking out, sometimes för seconds, sometimes permanent. Sometimes I cant even detect the 3rd display in catalyst. I've tried Dp cables, dvi cables with xfx active Dp adapters. I even bought 3 New monitors with Dp1.2 connectors. And the experiance was even worse. Sometimes there Will be no picture at all when I try to reboot. The New displays are u2412m. Used different drivers both catalyst 13.9 and .11 beta. I currently use 2x R9280X.
I hope there is a solution to this. Might be the driver or a faulty Hub. This has turned to a expensive nightmare.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2013, 22:51 

That's pretty bad blacksight they do seem very inconsistent my last one was a lot worse then the new one they sent me with no change to my hardware. I'm currently running ATI Catalyst™ 13.11 Beta 6 with windows 8.1
Can you run all 3 monitors off the card without the hub? Just curious if you're having problems with out the hub.
Mine are solid without the hub I just get screen tearing in windows.

If you can't exchange it where you purchased it I would e-mail [email protected] they were pretty good about sending out us new hubs.

Could be a issue with the R9's I don't know anyone running them who knows how they like mst hubs.
Either way I would e-mail club-3d

blacksight wrote:
Hi forum, I just bought a mst Hub recently and i have been experiancing simular issues, I use 3 Dell u2311h with native DP connections, could only get 2 monitors to run 1080p, the 3rd only ran 640x480 res. I get lots of Link failure messages. Screen blacking out, sometimes för seconds, sometimes permanent. Sometimes I cant even detect the 3rd display in catalyst. I've tried Dp cables, dvi cables with xfx active Dp adapters. I even bought 3 New monitors with Dp1.2 connectors. And the experiance was even worse. Sometimes there Will be no picture at all when I try to reboot. The New displays are u2412m. Used different drivers both catalyst 13.9 and .11 beta. I currently use 2x R9280X.
I hope there is a solution to this. Might be the driver or a faulty Hub. This has turned to a expensive nightmare.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 00:34 

blacksight wrote:

Well, crap, I wish I had seen this earlier. I just ordered an Accell MST Hub (http://www.accellcables.com/K088B-002B.html) which I believe is identical in hardware to the Club3D MST Hub and am planning to run it against - guess what - 3 Dell u2311h monitors with native DP connections. We'll see what happens but I am a little worried since I am running 2 crossfired Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz edition cards which hardware-wise also are near identical to your R9 280X.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 14:59 

schreinereiner wrote:
Well, crap, I wish I had seen this earlier. I just ordered an Accell MST Hub (http://www.accellcables.com/K088B-002B.html) which I believe is identical in hardware to the Club3D MST Hub and am planning to run it against - guess what - 3 Dell u2311h monitors with native DP connections. We'll see what happens but I am a little worried since I am running 2 crossfired Sapphire Vapor-X 7970 Ghz edition cards which hardware-wise also are near identical to your R9 280X.

From other peoples experiences I think you should be good schreinereiner they seem to work better when using native display port monitors.
Thanks for the link to the accell one I may have to try that one out as well since this seems to be a firmware issue.
Maybe Accell did it right unlike the club3d version. My second club3d hub is a lot better then the first one that I was using.

It is still an annoyance and I had to adjust the way I use my computer so that every time I reboot the hub gets powered off.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 16:08 
Founder
Founder

Delphium wrote:
Also known as "Clover Leaf"

Or "Mickey Mouse"

oliverm3 wrote:
Well this work around seems to be working:
Kind of cheesy that I have to power cycle the hub any time the machine is rebooted.
The Christmas tree foot pedal makes it quick though.

I'm really curious to hear if it had any affect with WLD13 since he was having more losses then I have. So far I have not lost a monitor in 3 days when manually power cycling the hub any time I reboot.

I remember people having similar issues with the DL Active DP adapters. They'd have to power cycle them (unplug and replug the USB power) to get the device to work. Delphium came along at one point and figured out that is was an amperage issue, and that if you plugged the adapter into an iPad power adapter (which is something like 1A), it woudl work fine.

Is everyone who's experiencing the issue turning their computer off at night? I just let mine go to sleep. Also, AMD has put me in touch with Club3D, and I will be getting a hub for testing.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 18:39 

There could be a few things going on here. First if your using an MiniDP > DP adapter, make sure it’s a DP 1.2. There are connectors out there that are not actually 1.2, and if it does not stat what type of DP it is it’s usually not a 1.2.
In both models it says that a HBR (High Bit Rate - 1.1 or lower) is only good up to 2 monitors at 1920x1080, and 3 if at 1600x900, if running 2560x1440 only good for 1 monitor
Whereas a HBR2 (DP 1.2) at 1920x1080 can run up to 4 monitors, at 1600x900 6 monitors, and 2560x1440 good for 2

I suggest doing 2 things, seeing if your connector to the hub weather it’s just an extension cable or a MiniDP > DP is actually a 1.2 cable. Also to drop your resolution too 1600x900 and run like that for a while.

I have been looking into these last few days before seeing this topic. It is good that I have so far not went with it, and like to know if above is a solution or not. The Monitors themselves should not be the problem at all, unless they were the MST chain ones, as this is supposed to be the solution to that at the moment. So it has to be the be either the cable to the hub or the hub itself.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 19:11 

Daimond wrote:
There could be a few things going on here. First if your using an MiniDP > DP adapter, make sure it’s a DP 1.2. There are connectors out there that are not actually 1.2, and if it does not stat what type of DP it is it’s usually not a 1.2.
In both models it says that a HBR (High Bit Rate - 1.1 or lower) is only good up to 2 monitors at 1920x1080, and 3 if at 1600x900, if running 2560x1440 only good for 1 monitor
Whereas a HBR2 (DP 1.2) at 1920x1080 can run up to 4 monitors, at 1600x900 6 monitors, and 2560x1440 good for 2

I suggest doing 2 things, seeing if your connector to the hub weather it’s just an extension cable or a MiniDP > DP is actually a 1.2 cable. Also to drop your resolution too 1600x900 and run like that for a while.

Will report back once I have mine as well which should be mid-week. Cabling should not be an issue. Will be running the Accell hub without adapter straight from a full size 1.2 DP port on my card (http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentatio ... 1679&lid=1) to the hub and from there to 3 x 1.2 compliant cables (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2) and 3x Dell u2311h monitors. My main variable are the u2311h monitors since they only have 1.1a compliant DP inputs which "shouldn't" be an issue.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 20:01 

schreinereiner wrote:
Daimond wrote:

Will report back once I have mine as well which should be mid-week. Cabling should not be an issue. Will be running the Accell hub without adapter straight from a full size 1.2 DP port on my card (http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentatio ... 1679&lid=1) to the hub and from there to 3 x 1.2 compliant cables (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2) and 3x Dell u2311h monitors. My main variable are the u2311h monitors since they only have 1.1a compliant DP inputs which "shouldn't" be an issue.

Sounds good. But yes, from the hub to the monitors should not matter the HBR rate from there. As to the hub its sending 3 screens of data in one shot, but from there it’s splitting it to 3 individual data streams. Un-like the MST daisy Chain that’s sending 3 screens of data to first monitor, then from there sending 2 screens of data to second monitor then, down to 1 for third. So everything there almost needs a high HBR such as DP 1.2 does.

DP 1.0 - 1.1 "maximum bitrate of 8.63 Gbps (gigabits per second)"
DP 1.2 "maximum bitrate of 21.6 Gbps"
HDMI 1.4a "maximum transfer bitrate is 10.2 Gbps " but this # seems to be a variable depending on Resolutions and weather is I or P as well. Also usually the combined number of Red, Green and blue channels, there seems to be no info if the other connectors fall into this as well.
DVI-I or D be it a single or double link model can vary from 1.65 - 2 Gbps roughly

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2013, 05:21 

I'm afraid my test run with the Accell hub will have no happy ending and I will be returning my unit.

While it resolved tearing completely I am now also dealing with monitors going into power save ALL THE F@#$%!NG time. I've played around with power settings both on the pc and monitor, different DP cabling, and monitor settings without success. It's not entirely predictable and just switching between Catalyst presets usually leaves me with blank monitors that need to be powercycled. Sometimes that doesn't help either. I've had occurrences where on boot none of the monitors powered on. Once I get them to stay on I do get non-tearing eyefinity on my three monitors but the erratic behavior of my monitors going into power save mode just isn't worth it. *sigh* :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next