Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 18:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 11:14 

i currently have the 5850, with three monitor baring 1080 resolution, from what i read so far only the 100 dollar ones with the usb works without a hinch? since the dp-vga only works if you have a higher resolution and a lower one?

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 11:21 

Yeah I think it'll work with 1920 and lower.. or maybe just 1680 and lower. I'm not too sure. Either way I don't have panels that scale greater than 1680 so I hope I'm in the green!

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2009, 20:06 

i currently have the 5850, with three monitor baring 1080 resolution, from what i read so far only the 100 dollar ones with the usb works without a hinch? since the dp-vga only works if you have a higher resolution and a lower one?

I have three 22" at 1920x1080 and my DP-VGA works fine. This only after i flashed my BIOS.

Post subject: Monoprice VGA adapter
PostPosted: 30 Dec 2009, 01:51 

Had my Monoprice VGA adapter for 2 days and here's how it's working for me:
When I turn the computer on all 3 monitors come on, center one primary, one on the left and the one on the right are extended desktops. They work as expected.

If I turn Eyefinity mode on the Displayport one will go black. I have to unplug the Displayport, and plug it back in, then fiddle with Catalyst (opening and closing it) before it will go into Eyefinity mode. Once in Eyefinity mode it seems to work fine. Anybody else think that might just be a driver issue?

On games I got it to work with several on its own, at first Widescreen Fixer didn't want to do anything with Call of Duty, but I eventually got it to. Crysis is the only one that refuses to load with an Eyefinity resolution. (While loading the center area and a bit of the side monitors remains black, but where they never expected anybody to see on the edges turns white, then when it gets to 99% loaded the sound goes into a stutter and it locks up.)

edit: I wanted it to be a reply in this thread: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17468 but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I could swear I hit reply, but it created a new thread twice. [merged ;) - /mod]

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 00:06 

I think it's a combination of drivers and a hardware issue. From what I've read, the BIOS update for the 5800 series cards made some changes to the Display Port which appears to have resolved the issue for those cards. I've got a couple of 5770's so I'm waiting to see what will happen there.

As far as software goes, yes I believe it contributes to the problem. I received the same adapter yesterday and I've had the same problems. It was working fine at first, all 3 monitors appeared and were working fine under Windows. Then I tried to enable Eyefinity and all hell broke loose to the point where my monitor with the adapter is blank in Windows (appears fine when booting). I've tried numerous things (different cables, replugging in and out, playing with the software etc) and it just will not renable, complaining of a Display link failure.

Hopefully a BIOS update will arrive for the 5770 series and I'll give it another go then.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 07:02 

What monitors and resolution are you running?

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 08:00 

I've got 2x20" Dell 2007's @ 1600x1200 for my left and right screens (left has the DP>VGA), and a 24" Dell 2405 @ 1920x1200 for my centre screen. Of course with Eyefinity they will all run at 1600x1200 for a total of 4800x1200.

I did a bit more fiddling around, this time I was able to get all 3 displays running in Eyefinity on the desktop after unplugging/plugging the DP>VGA a few times. But as soon as I tried loading Dirt 2, all screens went black and my PC locked up.

At the moment I've got all 3 displays going with the normal desktop extend. I'll see if this lasts without dropping out, but for now Eyefinity is still out of reach. :(

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 08:27 

Is does seem like using different monitors can cause problems sometimes. I'm waiting on my DP>VGA adapter to arrive and I also have 5770s in crossfire, but I have three identical 22" monitors. I'll post here how it goes.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 20:36 

I've got 2x20" Dell 2007's @ 1600x1200 for my left and right screens (left has the DP>VGA), and a 24" Dell 2405 @ 1920x1200 for my centre screen. Of course with Eyefinity they will all run at 1600x1200 for a total of 4800x1200.

I did a bit more fiddling around, this time I was able to get all 3 displays running in Eyefinity on the desktop after unplugging/plugging the DP>VGA a few times. But as soon as I tried loading Dirt 2, all screens went black and my PC locked up.

At the moment I've got all 3 displays going with the normal desktop extend. I'll see if this lasts without dropping out, but for now Eyefinity is still out of reach. :(

Here's what I do, I boot up with the DP>VGA adapter attached, it shows the extended desktop with 1 primary 2 extended, Displayport one working fine. I go into Catalyst, set each one of the 3 to Duplicate instead of extend. At this point the DP connected one goes black. Unplug, and plug that one back in. Close Catalyst, Open Catalyst again, now set that one to Duplicate. That time it'll stick and you will have the same image on all 3 screens. Then click the down arrow on one and enable the Eyefinity mode.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2010, 03:56 

Here's what I do, I boot up with the DP>VGA adapter attached, it shows the extended desktop with 1 primary 2 extended, Displayport one working fine. I go into Catalyst, set each one of the 3 to Duplicate instead of extend. At this point the DP connected one goes black. Unplug, and plug that one back in. Close Catalyst, Open Catalyst again, now set that one to Duplicate. That time it'll stick and you will have the same image on all 3 screens. Then click the down arrow on one and enable the Eyefinity mode.

Awesome stuff it actually worked! However for some reason I still couldn't get Dirt 2 to work. This time it loaded fine and I had the resolution 4800x1200 in the settings, but when I selected it, all screens went black and some weird white lines started appearing on the main screen which went away as soon as I unplugged the DP>VGA adapter. However I was able to get Badlands to work so I've finally got some sort of Eyefinity setup working! Still a work in progress. :wink:

Thanks ualdayan. :cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next