Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 18 Sep 2024, 10:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 16:48 

[quote][quote]I'm going to suggest something outrageous for a second.

Try one monitor on DVI, on on HDMI (HDMI->DVI adaptor) and one on the DisplayPort adaptor.

But really, I have no idea what the problem is. :(

Let's hope that Dave Baumann gets back to me/this thread quickly. :D

Yup tried that can see windows on any 2 dvi ports and dp-dvi adapter.
even had them plugged in 1 @ a time. doing a reformat and going to try again. :(
So you used the HDMI port on the back of the card, the DP on the card, and one of the DVI ports?

i have used each individual dvi ports 1 by 1. worked np.
then tried the displayport to dvi adapter that worked. can make dp and 1 dvi work. 2 dvi work. but no go with 3 screens.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 16:51 
Insiders
Insiders

Which brand of the card is it? I'm assuming that ATi speced out all versions of the card to at least do 3 displays?

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 16:55 

Which brand of the card is it? I'm assuming that ATi speced out all versions of the card to at least do 3 displays?

its a sapphire 5870 1gb it has 2x dvi ports 1x hdmi and 1x dp port.
going to try hdmi to dvi see if that works. ;)

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 16:57 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Which brand of the card is it? I'm assuming that ATi speced out all versions of the card to at least do 3 displays?

That's what I was suggesting, yeah. :)

I suspect that if it's not simply driver related, that it's the DVI ports sharing with the DP, which means no signal off one or other.

You're the guinea pig, though... but we've all got a vested interest in getting it working for you, because that means we'll know how to get it working for us! :D

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 17:05 

You're the guinea pig, though... but we've all got a vested interest in getting it working for you, because that means we'll know how to get it working for us! :D

Yup, we need to get this thing working. I don't have any display port monitors, so there must be a way to get it for you so 3 DVI outputs come out through some combination. :D

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 17:19 

Right after clean format same thing. used the hdmi slot as well windows finds monitor shows in ati ccc but cant enable 3 monitors this is taking the piss now.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 17:28 

[quote][quote]Which brand of the card is it? I'm assuming that ATi speced out all versions of the card to at least do 3 displays?

That's what I was suggesting, yeah. :)

I suspect that if it's not simply driver related, that it's the DVI ports sharing with the DP, which means no signal off one or other.

Something isnt right device manager shows all 3 monitors when i try extend the last monitor hard drives start and it says click cancel to stop extending the desktop now its been doing this for 10 mins hard drives keep working but nothing. why didnt ati provide poper instructions on how to use this. im shocked.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 17:34 
Editors
Editors

It's at this moment when I wish ATi had put jumpers on the card to force the DVI ports to single link...

I think we need Dave Baumann's input on this now. Urgently.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 17:58 

wow this is ridiculous!!!! i i have a HIS 5870 arriving this friday the 28th along with 3x samsungs 2443BWT's and i hope it works..

dazboots -

what monitors are u using?

what OS are u running?

also, where did u purchase your DP to DVI adapter? can u provide us a link?

what i dont get is how anandtech got it to work, he didnt mention anything about connections or any thing, but has valid pictures of games he has running in landscape and portrait modes..

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2009, 18:02 
Insiders
Insiders

It's gotta be something simple we're overlooking here. Maybe it's a bad adapter?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 72  Next