Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 13:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Triple display question
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 02:53 

I have two Samsung TOC 25.5 monitors 1920x1200 res and I dont really want to deal with Displayport adapters so Im looking at the Dell U2410 24 inch mon 1920x1200 res. Id like to run the Dell in the center and the matching Sammies on each side so things look nice and uniform (Im weird that way I know) I wouldnt think it is but do you guys with these triple monitor setups think the one inch less of display on the Dell in the center position would detract much from the triple monitor experience? Ill be running these with my XFX 5879. Unless someone knows where I can find a 25.5 displayport monitor these things are like finding hens teeth.
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 03:29 
Founder
Founder

I have three of the Dells. I don't think it would be that distracting. Just know that the images won't line up. I'd do it where the images line up in the center, so it's only a half inch off or so at the top and bottom. It's really a matter of how much you think it would bother you.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 03:32 

It would be good to hear from the ATI folks on this one, with specific consideration to the inclusion of bezel management in future driver releases (it's not in there yet). At this point, unless your game/simulation software has it's own bezel management, then we're all seeing stuff that's not lined up.

The question is, will the future ATI bezel management allow us to identify each screen size, as a variable, and then do the correction appropriately.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 03:39 

So basically the side to side image of the displays would match and the only discrepency would been the extra/taller image on the top and bottoms of the two larger displays? Hmmm sounds like I could live with that. Wasnt sure and I have also been contemplating just getting three 23 inch Delsl for an exact match but my Sammies are relatively new and it seems 3 24's (even with the slight top and bottom mismatches) trump three 23's. Throw in the 24 inch Dell is 599 shipped and the 3 23inch Delsl will go 750.00 whats a guy to do??????/ Thank you for your help!!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 03:43 

It would be good to hear from the ATI folks on this one, with specific consideration to the inclusion of bezel management in future driver releases (it's not in there yet). At this point, unless your game/simulation software has it's own bezel management, then we're all seeing stuff that's not lined up.

The question is, will the future ATI bezel management allow us to identify each screen size, as a variable, and then do the correction appropriately.

Good point I am running this in iRacing simulation which has very good bezel management built in and my second use will be in my DAW (recording studio software) which isnt mission critical for exact stiching of the screen, just the extra desktop work area in required.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 03:44 

A bunch of the folks on the sim forum I frequent were getting in on the 23 inchers, for $188/per screen, with some kind of sale and discount code. I've heard nothing but good reports on that combination.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 04:03 

A bunch of the folks on the sim forum I frequent were getting in on the 23 inchers, for $188/per screen, with some kind of sale and discount code. I've heard nothing but good reports on that combination.

with that combo (24 middle 23's on the sides) you'd be using 1920 x1080 x3? not 1920 x1200(x3) correct?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 04:12 

[quote]A bunch of the folks on the sim forum I frequent were getting in on the 23 inchers, for $188/per screen, with some kind of sale and discount code. I've heard nothing but good reports on that combination.

with that combo (24 middle 23's on the sides) you'd be using 1920 x1080 x3? not 1920 x1200(x3) correct?

Whoa, I must have gotten lost, or someone edited their post. I would have sworn that someone mentioned something about the option of getting the 23" screens. Well, either way, consider the cost of (3)23" screens vs. any other option.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 04:15 

[quote][quote]A bunch of the folks on the sim forum I frequent were getting in on the 23 inchers, for $188/per screen, with some kind of sale and discount code. I've heard nothing but good reports on that combination.

Whoa, I must have gotten lost, or someone edited their post. I would have sworn that someone mentioned something about the option of getting the 23" screens. Well, either way, consider the cost of (3)23" screens vs. any other option.

Your not going crazy I posted it then got the email they approved my post and it breifly showed up now its gone. Im new here does every post go through approval period?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2009, 04:31 
Founder
Founder

Your not going crazy I posted it then got the email they approved my post and it breifly showed up now its gone. Im new here does every post go through approval period?

First three posts do. New feature in phpBB3 (we just upgraded a week or so ago). Major benefit is it stops spammers. We can catch them and ban them and the posts never hit the board. Additional benefit is that it keeps people from posting questions that already have existing threads. We can direct people to the existing thread, rather than split the discussion.