Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 19:54 

S O L V E D!!!!!!

Originally Posted by wadec22 View Post
i had a similar issue, not 100% sure how i fixed it but i think i went into windows display properties, desktop management then manually detected the displays.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!! This fixed the problem 100% I went in to the control panel, detected displays, then went into CCC and I was able to setup my SLS with bezel correction! I owe you one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmonkey1985 View Post
only thing i can think of is its something in the windows display settings that are screwing up the drivers. you probably need to change a setting in there. also i suggest using ultramon, hell of a lot better for multi-display and changing screen priorities.

You are correct! Thank you very much for your help and advice also, I too owe you one!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hopefully some [WSGF]rs can help me out here as my CCC has gone insane. I am running two xfx 6970s with three Dell U2410s in portrait mode for a total bezel corrected resolution of 3820x1920. I also have a mitsubishi HC2800 projector connected to the second 6970.

Everything was going great until I switched my primary display from the three dell u2410 group over to my single Mitsubishi HC3800 projector which is connected to the second 6970. Once I did that it cancelled my display group for my three dells and now all three of those screens are duplicates of each other. I have switched my primary display from the dells to the projector many times before without having any problem, so this completely baffles me!

CCC will let me create an extended desktop but no matter what I try it will not let me create a single large display group anymore! I have tried portrait & landscape, but it is the same failure either way. I have even disconnected the dells and tried to create a SLS with my two HC3800 1080p projectors but it also fails to create a SLS with them too!

I just uninstalled the driver (12a hotfix), ran driver sweeper in safe mode, deleted every AMD/ATI folder, and EVEN deleted every AMD/ATI folder in REGEDIT! Then completely reinstalled the driver again, but it absolutely refuses to let me create a single large display group anymore.

I am not using any crazy adapters, two of the dells are using native display port and the other is using native DVI. The system was working perfectly for weeks and weeks!

I am at my wits end, and have no idea what to do next. I went into my users/appdata/local/ati folder and deleted the profile but that did not help either.

WTF can I do? I have never seen this problem before and am at my wits end!

Thanks for any help!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 21:37 

possibly system restore to before you had the problem?

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2011, 22:11 

possibly system restore to before you had the problem?

My W-7 64 bit OS is running on a 256gig corsair SSD and I have system restore options set to off in order to protect the SSD :(

Anything else i can try?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2011, 17:39 

As an aside, there is no reason to disable Restore. That was always advised just to save HD space, not to protect the SSD.