Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Sep 2024, 04:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 00:40 

Has anyone else out there got the "invisible cursor" problem when eyefinity is enabled? As soon as the screens are arranged as one single large surface, my cursor is invisible on the main (centre) monitor. The only way I can get it back is to enable cursor trails in the mouse control panel (something I don't like) but when I play a full screen game the cursor is gone completely and I'm stumbling around option menus like a blind person.

The cure for this so far is to run games windowed but that is far from an optimal solution. This has been the case for catalyst 9.12 and 10.1 and I'm curious to see if anyone else is having this problem on a 5870.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 19:36 

Am I the only one then? Typical. I won't expect a solution any time soon then. :cry:

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2010, 21:43 
Insiders
Insiders

This happened to me right after I installed the latest drivers but after another restart it stopped.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 05:03 

don't worry, you're not the only one. I got it happening to me when I try to extend/eyefinity with all 3 of my monitors after updating the drivers. Sadly, I have not found a solution for it other than restarting my computer to get it back.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 20:09 

Create your eyefinity setup, save it as a profile (make sure to 'save all settings' not just 'save selected settings'), now turn off your computer. Turn it back on, and the cursor started showing up for me after loading that profile. I had to turn the computer off entirely - restarting just led to the monitor connected to the Displayport being black.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2010, 20:16 

And here's another tip - sometimes when you activate the profile it won't take. What you do is open Catalyst Control center, go to displays, click - detect displays. Then hit your hotkey for your eyefinity profile 3 more times.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2010, 18:15 

Cheers guys,
it works now and again but is still happening, particularly in Source games and live for speed. In the latter I can shit +f4 to swap between windowed and fullscreen so it's not a deal breaker. Is there a way to do something similar in source because there is a real difference in smoothness when full-screened?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2010, 08:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Well I am now getting, pretty much every time after I finish a game, my mouse going all weird on the centre screen only. It is fine on the outer screens. My centre screen is DVI, it is the left that is using the Apple mini-DP to DVI adapter, so it is not that (that has its own troubles, I always have to either turn the monitor off/on- if I get an out-of-range error OR unplug/plug the USB- if I get a unrecognised monitor... but I digress, those are quick fixes). But this, resetting out of EF (which I don't do often cos it takes many attempts before I get EF back) doesn't work, unplugging the mon doesn't work, 'detecting' the mons, etc etc. Only thing I can do is a restart.

The mouse looks very different depending on what the background is, and sometime there is just a vertical line etc. It woudldn't annoy me so much apart from the fact that the pointer you see on the image is NOT where the pointer is actually on the screen... :evil: :evil:

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 10:45 

Has anyone else out there got the "invisible cursor" problem when eyefinity is enabled? As soon as the screens are arranged as one single large surface, my cursor is invisible on the main (centre) monitor. The only way I can get it back is to enable cursor trails in the mouse control panel (something I don't like) but when I play a full screen game the cursor is gone completely and I'm stumbling around option menus like a blind person.

The cure for this so far is to run games windowed but that is far from an optimal solution. This has been the case for catalyst 9.12 and 10.1 and I'm curious to see if anyone else is having this problem on a 5870.

I'm having this issue when extending my desktop accross three screens, it is very frustrating. Sometimes the cursor is visible on two of the three screens but completely invisible on the third. I have gone back to 9.12 and the problem has been solved. Very annyoying as there look to be some decent usability enhancements with 10.1's switching to and from eyefinity mode otherwise. :(

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 17:37 

Have also had this problem since the update, although going back to 9.12 (hf) has not resolved it. Same exact issue as Mach's

I've already played the driversweep game till i'm blue in the face and cannot get back to where I was with 9.12 which can only make me wonder if the new drivers change settings on the card which are not revertedback with downgrade attempts.