Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2010, 01:35 

Hey guys
I am trying yo run 3 monitors in eyefinity

I just purchased a 5870 thinking i was going to run 2 dvi's and one hdmi to dvi for the third monitor. LOL, surprise no can do. So ive been reading and reading on how to set it up. Ive learned about the active displayport to DVI and also about the DP>VGA adapter. I could also just get the dell monitor that has the DP input but would rather the DP>VGA cheapest route if possible. Here is what I need help with.

I currently have

(2) 19" viewsonic monitors with a max resolution of 1280X1024 that I want as the side monitors.
here are the specs http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/viewsonic-vx924/4507-3174_7-31337356.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

and (1) 20" viewsonic max resolution 1600X1200 that I want as my center monitor
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/vp201b-20-1-inch/4505-3174_7-30470966.html

Questions,
Will I be able to use the simple DP>VGA adapter for the center monitor or for either of the side monitors?
Will the diffrence in screen resolutions cause problems, or is there a certain way I would need to set them up?
Will the center monitor have not so good graphics quality cause its VGA?

If my current monitors could all be configured to give me great visual results for gaming and playing Bad co 2 then that is the route I would want to go.

if, not then this was my next solution........

I was thinking about just buying this Dell 22" 1680X1024 that has DP input, widescreen for my center monitor.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=320-8103&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=27722&lid=628335

This is kinda what I really want to do because it has a direct DP input so I could skip the possible flickering problems with the vga converter and such that I have read about. But I read somewhere that the screen resolutions all have to be the same.

Would the widescreen not work with the standard 19" side monitors?

Can I run diffrent reolutions on each my 3 monitors in eyefinity?

Any help on getting this setup working would be greatly appreciated.

I will post pics of setup and the solution once I have it working properly.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Patrick