Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 03:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2010, 16:55 

Found this, figured i must share it with you guys http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=355

in short : a 5770 that offers eyefinity on 3 normal dvi monitors, apparently the 5770 comes with this, (http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_5770_flex/images/6.htm) its a hdmi to dvi adapter. Sapphire claims we dont need a dp mionitor, though we could run 4 monitor eyefinity if we have one.

Here :
"With the SAPPHIRE HD 5770 FleX, the first two monitors are connected to the DVI outputs, as usual. A third DVI monitor can be connected to the HDMI output with the passive cable adapter supplied or to the DisplayPort output with a simple passive adapter. This allows users with existing DVI monitors to use three of them in ATI Eyefinity mode without any additional investment."

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 02:08 

only thing i noticed it that there is only 1 Dual-Link DVI, the other DVI port on the card is Single Link DVI. Guessing they downgraded the second port to a single link, so they could free up an extra TMDS signal for the HDMI port. All the cards we were used to until now were configured with their 4 TMDS's split, 2 going to each Dual Link DVI port.

Only down side i see is you can not run more than two 27" (2560x1440) or 30" (2560x1600) monitors as those monitors need a dual link connection, which is the Displayport & the single DL-DVI output.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 11:02 
Insiders
Insiders

Welcome to the wide, wonderful world of a few days ago.

I was going to find that first post on this, but i'm too lazy.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2010, 21:17 
Insiders
Insiders

only thing i noticed it that there is only 1 Dual-Link DVI, the other DVI port on the card is Single Link DVI. Guessing they downgraded the second port to a single link, so they could free up an extra TMDS signal for the HDMI port. All the cards we were used to until now were configured with their 4 TMDS's split, 2 going to each Dual Link DVI port.

Only down side i see is you can not run more than two 27" (2560x1440) or 30" (2560x1600) monitors as those monitors need a dual link connection, which is the Displayport & the single DL-DVI output.

yap
but this is mid-end (low-end for eyefinity) so if someone have 3x27"/30" Can buy "cheap for him" active DP @ DVI adapter

most important for me is 4-eyefinity support :O