Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 05:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 13:44 

ive been trying to get this eyefinity setup to work, i got 3 acer x223w monitors, 2 dvi and one connected to a bizlink active dp to dvi converter. i run stress tests on the card (sapphire 5870 toxic x 2) and all works well, play some wow and at random the monitors do that weird bars or color screens thing. a few times a bsod memory dump, other just freeze black comes back to windows saying display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" while some black screens need a computer restart to fix. also some times i get little flickering lines 2-3mm high by 1" across. that happens alot in crossfire. i just want my setup to work fine. sometimes i come back to the computer to find my resolutions has been turned down automatically from 5040x1050 to 3840x800... im starting to think the active adapter is causing the problems, maybe the newer Active DP to SL-DVI-D Adapter's work better, im not sure whats happening... help?

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2010, 09:23 

ive been trying to get this eyefinity setup to work, i got 3 acer x223w monitors, 2 dvi and one connected to a bizlink active dp to dvi converter. i run stress tests on the card (sapphire 5870 toxic x 2) and all works well, play some wow and at random the monitors do that weird bars or color screens thing. a few times a bsod memory dump, other just freeze black comes back to windows saying display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" while some black screens need a computer restart to fix. also some times i get little flickering lines 2-3mm high by 1" across. that happens alot in crossfire. i just want my setup to work fine. sometimes i come back to the computer to find my resolutions has been turned down automatically from 5040x1050 to 3840x800... im starting to think the active adapter is causing the problems, maybe the newer Active DP to SL-DVI-D Adapter's work better, im not sure whats happening... help?

Are those lines you see on the adapter's screen only, or on all three screens?

It might be a hardware failure (possibly temperature related) on one of your cards.

If it's an adapter issue, you could check this thread:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=20120