Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 05:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2011, 16:01 

I just recieved my HIS Radeon HD 6950 today together with 3x BenQ 21,5" LED G2222HDL... Eyefinity is so darn awesome, which is why it sucks that the monitor that is connected through mini DP to DVI is having screen tearing issues.

I have connected two monitors with DVI and one with DVI through a "Sapphire Adapter Active miniDP to SL-DVI"

Is this possible to fix with an older driver or is it something I will see fixed in the near future on a newer driver?

If that's not gonna be possible, then what about changing the Radeon HD 6950 with a new one that has 3+ DP or miniDP and just convert them to DVI buying 3 adapters? That's gonna be pricy for me, which will delay my eyefinity gaming with 1½ month or so - but if thats one of my last possible solutions then theres not much choice.

I'm really in a hurry about finding out what to do, since I have a limited time to return my hardware incase I can't fix it. (12 days left)

I've tried with setting Vertical Sync always on in the CCC and always keep it enabled in the games I play. Doesn't work.
I've tried with Tripple Buffering aswel, doesn't work either.

Haven't tried an older Driver, since I can't see why that would work, but if it's worth a try I'd like some help picking an older driver then.

I don't mind that I have to go out and buy/replace my stuff. As long as it's not my monitors. I already like these monitors even though they we're the cheapest I could find for the purpose :)

So any help, really ANY would be a big help!

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 20:44 

I have a single 6950 modded to 6970 and have the same thing.

I believe this happens to whichever monitor(s) is not "preferred" within the group. If you set your DP monitor to "preferred" - you will see the tearing on the DVI ported monitors. Turning off vsync seems to lessen the effect...but you also get the normal tearing you could see without vsync. I ended up just making my leftmost monitor the non-preferred...and putting up with the tearing.

Since it can be fixed by software changes, hoping subsequent driver releases will address. In reality, even we're on the 2nd gen eyefinity cards, i still feel like we're early adopters in a lot of ways.

EDIT - Couple other threads on this:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=17663
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=22514

PostPosted: 26 Mar 2011, 22:16 

So we're 100% positive this will be fixed at some point through a driver update?

Because if not, I don't like the idea of keeping my new GFX, I'd rather return it, get my money back and look into buying a "flex" edition of the card when they, hopefully, come out soon, because of the 3 DVI ports.

Hell or even save up more money and get a 6990 or some other card with 3+ mini DP and just buy some extra adapters :P

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2011, 19:47 

So we're 100% positive this will be fixed at some point through a driver update?

I haven't seen AMD acknowledge it as a known issue...so i think 100% might be a little aggressive. Would the flex addition of the card fix the issue?