Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 20:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 00:11 

First: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FFS!!!

OK, that off my chest.

My spec:

Sapphire HD5970 (currently trying 11.10 p3 with 11.9 CAP4
Q9550 @ 3.8
4gb memory
SSD

Finally get the game installed, and pleased to find that in Eyefinity (5760x1200) it runs a playable 45-55/60fps with everything set as low as it can get.

However, no blue / red friend of foe tags appear, making it impossible really for me to play the game properly / enjoyably.

Single monitor (disabling Eyefinity in Window's) it is fine, however if Eyefinity is enabled in Window's, I cannot change the resolution from 5760x1200 down to 1920x1200, I just get a game background, but no menus. I have to exit to Window's and disable Eyefinity completely.

Biggest issue is the tags though, i've tried other drivers (including other CAP's) but no joy - Weirdly as well, performance is only mildly better in single monitor, I only get 70ish fps with everything on low, and I feel a little choked / claustrophobic on the single monitor (yes, you are allowed to LOL at that bit :-))
Anyone here managed to sneak a solution, or just a case of waiting out till AMD update a driver or two?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 21:53 

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/multi-monitor-gaming/17990/battlefield-3-hudtipsmultiplayer-icons-