Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Oct 2024, 16:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2012, 04:31 

So I got a 6770 this week and have installed it. But I cannot for the life of me get the 3x1 to work right. I can get the full spread but I had to get an active DP to VGA adapter.

So I set all the monitors to 1366x768 (recommended) and my 2 side monitors work just fine. But my center monitor flickers like mad. If I do not use the eyefinity my center monitor sets to 80x600 and is just fine, yet when I activate it, it starts to flicker, though I can see the picture it is a very distint horozontal flicker.

My center monitor uses the Display port to VGA adapter, the one reccomended from their site (ATI), I have called their tech support, totally unistalled all display software and drivers, reinstalled, as well as moving other things around in case of other interferance, as well as checked grounding and all that.

In addition the cord works fine as I have tried 3 of them, including a gold plated one to lower interferance. the adapater fed to a smaller 15" monitor just fine as well as my 32" feeding to my laptop worked fine. It is just when I am enabling eyefinity that it seems to act up and flicker on me.

Any help on this matter would be great as I am tired of waiting to get playing.

Troll54321