Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 14:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hydravision question
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2012, 02:56 

Not sure if this is possible, but hopefully somebody can answer it for me. I'm using a 3x1 eyefinity setup. Now not all games work well in eyefinity so I have to sometimes disable the side monitors (i have a preset so they turn off and im back to using one monitor). Is there a way with hydravision, to keep my eyefinity group running but just run a 3d game full screen on the center monitor? That way i wont have to keep turning monitors on and off to play certain games.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 04:01 
Insiders
Insiders

I don't believe so. THe best you can do is (depending on the game) is run a borderless window.

Have you tied the Winkey+P trick? With that, you can switch to and from single/extended/Eyefinity pretty easily, and quicker than using the CCC Presets.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2012, 09:59 

ShiftWindow will do that for you

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 17:46 

Honestly the best suggestion I can say is use the Windows-P keyboard shortcut. Switching it to "extended" will go back to a non-eyefinity setup, while putting it on "duplicate" goes back to eyefinity.

I use this all the time for the same reason, some games dont support eyefinity or the support is lack luster. Also when I'm in a productivity state, like crawling forums while watching netflix.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 05:25 

Honestly the best suggestion I can say is use the Windows-P keyboard shortcut. Switching it to "extended" will go back to a non-eyefinity setup, while putting it on "duplicate" goes back to eyefinity.

I use this all the time for the same reason, some games dont support eyefinity or the support is lack luster. Also when I'm in a productivity state, like crawling forums while watching netflix.

As above!! Works perfect.